Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Cam still a Falcon fan

Best Answer teeray, 15 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

Why would he be a Panther's fan?  A large portion of the fanbase call him "Scam" Newton and criticize everything he says and does (see:  this thread), and the local media drills him over a routine autograph session and prints hello kitty cartoons degrading him.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#151 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

This isn't a big deal.

But goddammit I hate the Falcons. Fug them.

This is what spurs any real feelings I have towards this.

"I'm a falcons fan"

Those words make me hate the typical human being. Naturally I'd rather Cam not say 'em. Lol

#152 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

Do b/c Kaepernick comes out about the Miami poo, some fuging journalist figured he'd jump on bringing more Cam hate for hits? fug this guy.

#153 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,272 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

Perhaps Hardy will have a word with Cam on this issue.

#154 Banjo

Banjo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

Without looking at the stats, it feels like Cam has had his best games against the Falcons. Especially the last game. I still remember his huge touchdown across the field

#155 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Falcons were cool in the Vick Era, Cam already had a man-crush on Vick and like most young men Cam's age (that aren't totally intolerant of Michael Vick) can say the same. In all honesty, before I even started getting into Football, the Falcons were like my favorite team. (DAMN YOU MADDEN 04)

Only Homer-fags and Cam haters see this as a problem. Didn't he ATL Stomp the GA dome when he was bending them over the past few years?

Jesus.

#156 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

So you're telling me there's a chance....

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationAspin, Colorado

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

150g667098.gif

This is all the Cam nut huggers now.

#157 wcuCATZ

wcuCATZ

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

This is not a big deal. I can completely understand Cam being a fan of his hometown team. However I wish Cam just kept that to himself something's are best left unsaid.

#158 stratopanther

stratopanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCentral VA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

I wonder what is going to happen because of this...stuff probably.

#159 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,887 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

I wonder what is going to happen because of this...stuff probably.

What an insightful, thought provoking post.

#160 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

He's our QB Killa Cam will be a Panther for 10+ years

Smh at this being news Cam = Lebron pre ring everything be does will be picked apart

ready for the season smh this bout crazy

S/o teeray 100 factss

#161 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Even if he is a Falcons fan deep down inside he shouldn't have said what he said imo. The proper answer should have been " Even though I grew up A Falcons fan, my full loyalty now belongs to the Carolina Panthers and I will get great satisfaction when I go into the Georgia Dome this year and redeem myself from last years 4th quarter failure.

#162 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,405 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

After reading this thread I just have to believe that all these butthurt kids actually think that Cam is just chomping at the bit to get back home to shatlanta.

You guys are truly something. Heaven forbid a kid root for the team he grew up with. This is not a Panthers thing. It is a football thing. Believe it or not, there are literally 100s of players rooting for their home town team.

You guys are hilarious. Or should I say deliriously funny. Oh no. Cam like shatlanta. Whatever shall I do.

Gimps.

#163 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

I care this much.

#164 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,056 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

The shoes celebrities wear makes the news. That isn't significant no matter what idiots say. And it's not my choice, the definition of wisdom says it has nothing to do with Cam saying he is a Falcons fan

It is your choice. Everyone decides how they want to view particular situations. You just want to argue. You already know what I have said and am saying. I choose not to bore myself with this discussion further, but I will leave you with a parting gift:

wis·dom  
/ˈwizdəm/

Noun
  1. The quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise.
  2. The soundness of an action or decision with regard to the application of such experience, knowledge, and good judgment.

And, if you like, you can look up discretion and prudence also, just for fun.

#165 Dont Check My Chicken

Dont Check My Chicken

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

Actually, that's not remotely comparable. Sports are a fraternity; players openly admire other players and with the mercenary nature of contracts and player movement it's not logical to have personal agendas regarding team affiliations. Even franchises that are intense rivals off the field will still employ friendly gestures off the field (like the outpouring of support for Boston-area teams after the marathon tragedy.) Players simply don't feel the way that fans do about teams, because they aren't fans who watch the games for entertainment, they're players working to support their families.

Tom Brady has talked often about his love for his childhood 49ers, and Aaron Rodgers desperately wanted to go to San Francisco as well.

I'm sure those admissions (no matter how many you cite) generate questions about heart should those players lose to their professed love. I'm not a 9ers fan and never have been, but I'm more cautious about both Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers every time they play the 49ers. It will always be the same thing with Cam. It sounds like they have a GREATER allegiance to their heart than their team even if it isn't true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com