• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

Right....and when the legal process is finalized he will deal with ALL OF IT.  

And the line about not caring about their football team.....get some new material and an original thought.  

The NCAA doesn't care about the legal process, they care about if you broke their rules.

I don't know if you care about the football team or not but it seems like if you did you would remember the self imposed penalties they put in place hoping that would show the NCAA they were serious about handling it in house.

#17 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,406 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

The NCAA doesn't care about the legal process, they care about if you broke their rules.

I don't know if you care about the football team or not but it seems like if you did you would remember the self imposed penalties they put in place hoping that would show the NCAA they were serious about handling it in house.

You're missing the whole point.  Yes I understand what self imposed sanctions are and yes I am quite familiar with the school's and football team's situation with the NCAA.  1) The legal stuff isn't finalized.  If it's determined that PJ will be charged with the gun do you think that would have an impact on the severity of the suspension?  2) More poo is coming out every day about his ties to the felon and the rental cars.  True they have enough information to act, but wouldn't it be more intelligent to wait until they have all of the facts than act prematurely?  PJ is obviously going to get dealt with - but they're going to do it appropriately when all the fact are available.  You're just assuming that all the facts are on the table and everyone is just sitting pat.  

And yes....I would like to think Roy watches the players enough to know that PJ got a speeding ticket.  But is it not reasonable to assume also that PJ hid that from Roy because he was violating rules and didn't want the coach to know?

Also....I have no idea what you're talking about when you say the other players were in videos and have pics with cars.  You have a link to that?  I missed it....

#18 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

Here's PJ driving the Camero SS he got the ticket in.

https://vines.s3.ama...B62A4_1.1.2.mp4

#19 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,885 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

As the message boards have noted, the US attorney is Ripley Rand, a UNC grad who co-authored a children's book titled "I Want to Go to UNC!"

#20 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

Lol that's priceless...

What a dipsh*t.

As a Carolina fan, he means nothing more to me than just a basketball player. He's a good player and if he's on the team then great, if he's not; I couldn't care less.

#21 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

Jesus....this is the crap that I can't stand about you haters.  You hate UNC so much that you really believe that if Roy had his choice he would let this slide?  Do you really, and I mean REALLY believe that?  You think Roy is such an idiot he would just sweep this under the rug?  C'mon man......use your head and common sense rather than your hate.  

http://www.newsobser...ed-rewrite.html

Well they didn't self report and now this, so I don't think it's too far fetched.

#22 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

Well they didn't self report and now this, so I don't think it's too far fetched.

I think it's still pretty far fetched...

I work for a college football team and the head coach literally has nothing to do with academics. There is an academic affair chairman or chairwoman that is responsible for setting up every athletes class schedule and making sure that they are taking the right classes and that their class times don't interfere with practice time. The only coaches that really see academic reports are quality control coaches (in the FCS) and GA's (in the FBS) and essentially all they do is look at each players report and check to see if they're eligible or not.

I think the NCAA needs to come in and focus on the people at the top. I truly don't think Roy is involved because he never had any issues at Kansas. My opinion is that P.J. is just a bad kid, and I think he kind of corrupted L-Mac. The NCAA came in and cleaned up the football program and now UNC's football program is one of the best in the ACC. I think the NCAA needs to come in and clean up the basketball program before Joel Berry, Theo Pinson, and Justin Jackson get here because you don't want players being punished that had nothing to do with the ordeal. A postseason ban this year would be sufficient along with Hairston being suspended for the year. If he can get his act together, he can return next year (if he wants).

#23 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

I think it's still pretty far fetched...

I work for a college football team and the head coach literally has nothing to do with academics. There is an academic affair chairman or chairwoman that is responsible for setting up every athletes class schedule and making sure that they are taking the right classes and that their class times don't interfere with practice time. The only coaches that really see academic reports are quality control coaches (in the FCS) and GA's (in the FBS) and essentially all they do is look at each players report and check to see if they're eligible or not.

I think the NCAA needs to come in and focus on the people at the top. I truly don't think Roy is involved because he never had any issues at Kansas. My opinion is that P.J. is just a bad kid, and I think he kind of corrupted L-Mac. The NCAA came in and cleaned up the football program and now UNC's football program is one of the best in the ACC. I think the NCAA needs to come in and clean up the basketball program before Joel Berry, Theo Pinson, and Justin Jackson get here because you don't want players being punished that had nothing to do with the ordeal. A postseason ban this year would be sufficient along with Hairston being suspended for the year. If he can get his act together, he can return next year (if he wants).

I think there are some corrupt people working for unc and they are trying to "protect the unc brand" instead of fixing the problem.  I don't know what roy knew but like I have said unc players have put many things on social media that would be considered NCAA violations and roy's staff is supposed to be monitoring that.  Not to mention that fact PJ got a speeding ticket in a rental before all this other stuff happened. 

http://www.wsbtv.com...vered-up/fTyHG/

#24 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

I think there are some corrupt people working for unc and they are trying to "protect the unc brand" instead of fixing the problem. I don't know what roy knew but like I have said unc players have put many things on social media that would be considered NCAA violations and roy's staff is supposed to be monitoring that. Not to mention that fact PJ got a speeding ticket in a rental before all this other stuff happened.

http://www.wsbtv.com...vered-up/fTyHG/

No doubt, there are a lot of people that aren't doing there job. Either Bubba Cunninham and Chancellor Folt need to come in and clean house or they need to get the NCAA to come in and do it for them.

It all starts with academics though. Most college athletes don't/won't/can't go pro so if you are pushing them along with an African Studies major then you are only hurting them in the long run.

The goal needs to be to find the corrupt individuals and remove them, then hire qualified individuals to replace them. Think of it as a football coach. You're not going to hire a high school football coach to be a head coach at a college, so don't go hiring high school "yes-man" teachers and academic officers to do the job that only a qualified person should be doing.

To be fair to Coach Williams and his basketball program, the NCAA needs to come in and clean up that mess (if they wait too long they will be affecting players that had nothing to do with the ordeal), then focus on the academic side of ordeal.

#25 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

No doubt, there are a lot of people that aren't doing there job. Either Bubba Cunninham needs to come in and clean house or he needs to get the NCAA to come in and do it for him.

It all starts with academics though. Most college athletes don't/won't/can't go pro so if you are pushing them along with an African Studies major then you are only hurting them in the long run.

The goal needs to be to find the corrupt individuals and remove them, then hire qualified individuals to replace them. Think of it as a football coach. You're not going to hire a high school football coach to be a head coach at a college, so don't go hiring high school "yes-man" teachers and academic officers to do the job that only a qualified person should be doing.

To be fair to Coach Williams and his basketball program, the NCAA needs to come in and clean up that mess (if they wait too long they will be affecting players that had nothing to do with the ordeal), then focus on the academic side of ordeal.

Exactly, it's become a cesspool up there with their BS investigations into themselves. 

"Boxill told the N&O that some faculty executive committee members said the sentence amounted to hearsay because the authors had not interviewed the athletes. But by then, Chancellor Holden Thorp had told trustees in a letter that academic support staff had helped football players enroll in a no-show class Nyang’oro had created days before the start of a summer 2011 semester. No other students were enrolled."

What the hell kind of investigation into academic/athletic fraud doesn't interview the athletes who were allegedly involved?

#26 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

They made the right choice in getting rid of Thorp, now it's time to get rid of his puppets.

#27 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,406 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

That's ridiculous....definitely a thug.  But your post said there were other players posing videos of themselves in cars.  Post some of those....we already know about PJ's dumba$$

#28 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,406 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

I know how much you're praying that Roy is involved in this and part of a cover up, but you're reaching with your assumptions.  You're also going to need a better source than the N&O - all they do is publish articles filled with UNC hate with skewed facts.  

#29 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,406 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Not to mention that fact PJ got a speeding ticket in a rental before all this other stuff happened. 

The DMV doesn't report to Roy.  Roy doesn't pay PJ's insurance (although someone else probably does).  Roy doesn't see the mail going to PJ's house.  Why do you keep saying that Roy should have definitely known that PJ got a speeding ticket?  It's not that hard to hide from him.....  Be real...

#30 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

That's ridiculous....definitely a thug.  But your post said there were other players posing videos of themselves in cars.  Post some of those....we already know about PJ's dumba$$

Go to the PJ arrested thread and look for yourself.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com