Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bucs kicker Barth out for season

37 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

connor-barth.jpg?w=600&h=425

Connor Barth, a UNC alum and NC (Wilmington) native tore his achilles at a charity basketball game recently and will miss the entire season. The Bucs have signed vet Lawrence Tynes in his place.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000218358/article/connor-barth-out-lawrence-tynes-in-for-buccaneers

This may impact the Bucs season as Barth was accurate and had very good range. Helps the Panthers indirectly but sad to see a local kid miss an entire season due to injury, even if he was a Tarheel. All the best for his recovery.  

Posted · Report post

Lol the rage that would ensue on here if one of our own players got IRed while not engaging in football or even football related activities

Posted · Report post

Lol the rage that would ensue on here if one of our own players got IRed while not engaging in football or even football related activities

Yea, I can't imagine what would happen if a player like Steve Smith or someone hurt himself at say... a flag football game or some other nonsense? ;)

In all honestly though, it's worse than getting hurt at camp or at a game i'd say. 

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Lesson learned: Never do any thing for charity...unless she's hot.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

It's just me, but I would be very careful playing sports outside of football if I was a lower tier/fringe guy.

Posted · Report post

Port City, home of Connor Barth, Michael Jordan, Roman Gabriel, Sonny Jurgesson, Clyde Simmons, Trot Nixon, Johnathan Cooper.... How did I not make it to the pros after college Ill never know.

Get well Barth.

Suck it Bucs.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hate that guy.

Posted · Report post

That really sucks!!!!!!! Talk about a good guy.

When we were organizing a charity event for a free mental health clinic in Wilmington, Connor approached us about helping. We auctioned off a " date with Connor Barth". He is really a great person.

Sucks when bad things happen to good people. Wishing him a speedy recovery!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Port City, home of Connor Barth, Michael Jordan, Roman Gabriel, Sonny Jurgesson, Clyde Simmons, Trot Nixon, Johnathan Cooper.... How did I not make it to the pros after college Ill never know.

Get well Barth.

Suck it Bucs.

damn trot nixon is from that area???

Posted · Report post

damn trot nixon is from that area???

Yep, that's my boy. He and I shared a limo for the prom.

Posted · Report post

Yep, that's my boy. He and I shared a limo for the prom.

WHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT

dude

Posted · Report post

That really sucks!!!!!!! Talk about a good guy.

When we were organizing a charity event for a free mental health clinic in Wilmington, Connor approached us about helping. We auctioned off a " date with Connor Barth". He is really a great person.

Sucks when bad things happen to good people. Wishing him a speedy recovery!!!!!!!

That's an interesting way to try and get laid