According to this Kalil is not even a top 10 center, and Cam is worse than RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, which is clearly false. If Cam were a 49er he'd already be inducted into the HOF by the media
PFF posts its ratings for all teams
Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:28 AM
Lol at least he got one thing right... New Orleans defense is a poor ol' pile of poo....
Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:30 AM
Also... has London Fletcher regressed that much to where is poor?
Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:37 AM
It looks like these people need to put the bong down long enough to do some actual research. This is clearly biased.
Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:11 AM
Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:16 PM
Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:02 PM
PFF's ratings are based on stats. How can you expect them to give a high grade to someone who's been injured last year? They're not gonna invent some training camp, recovering-from-injury metric just for something like this. I trust these guys -- their evaluations are certainly more justified than the regular fan's.
If it grades out on stats, then how was Luck given the second highest color rating when he had one of the worst passer ratings in football last year?
It's all hype man. No matter what site you are reading and feel like they know more than the other guys, it's all hype. Cam had a comparable year to his rookie year from an efficiency standpoint, but his hype died because of all the losses. Meanwhile, Bob Knee, Luck, and Kaepernick all received the media hype, and so have graded out higher. Even Kuechly is ridiculous. He is the best 4-3 MLB in football and if he played for a hyped team like Dallas he'd of gotten a blue elite rating.
Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:03 PM
I'm not understanding the logic with some of these picks but some I do understand but Cam is 2 low but Sanchez is really not low enough in my opinion.
Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:23 AM
Guys, here is the deal in short:
This is NOT based stats or opinions.
This is what they do:
1. Check every play on the coaches view cameras.
2. Check every "battle" on that play, can be anything like a guard trying to block a dt, a wr trying to do a catch or a lb trying to cover the flat.
3. If you clearly win your battle, you grade some positive number on the play, if you lose you grade minus and of course no score change if you draw.
* So a player like Luke (last year) did not grade elite even though his run blocking abilities graded that way because he graded negatively in pass protection.
* The system will also over value player that do a very high number of easy assignments (like the short passes RGIII or Alex Smith are asked to do).
* Also note that they try to isolate one player, so a qb will grade positively on a incompletion on a perfect pass if the receiver should have caught it but dropped it.
Even though it is not perfect, it is by far the based grading system out there (available to us fans anyway).
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users