CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,491 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

Link: http://northcarolina.../2/1309001.html

Jonathan Jones of The Observer tends to believe that Hairston will be suspended for some games and be forced to pay back all his rental fees.

#2 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

Well at least the legal process is taken care of, now it's on to the NCAA process.

I understand a lot of people want the death penalty, but this isn't SMU we're talking about.

Hairston needs to be suspended for at least 15 games, McDonald needs to be suspended for at least eight games. As far as the basketball program goes, they should be placed on probation for failing to monitor the the teams NCAA compliance policy.

After that is taken care of, the NCAA, Chancellor Folt, and AD Cunninham need to focus on the academic side and get rid of the corrupt teachers and academic officers.

Then we'll be on our way.

#3 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

Huge hurdle cleared but the criminal charges were never the issue with PJ's eligibility.

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

Overall, I'm shocked they were dismissed...

He should have to do community service or something.

#5 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

Overall, I'm shocked they were dismissed...

He should have to do community service or something.

Not really it was a misdemeanor and a first time offense so after completing the assessment it gets dismissed.  

#6 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

Eh, I'm not in touch with the law I guess it just sounded worse than it was...

Kid with gun, drugs, no license, possibly buying and selling drugs lol.

#7 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Eh, I'm not in touch with the law I guess it just sounded worse than it was...

Kid with gun, drugs, no license, possibly buying and selling drugs lol.

Well if he was charged with the gun and the extra weed that was on the ground beside the car it would have been a bigger deal, you would be talking about a felony and that's no slap on the wrist.  What we all need to learn from this is throw your drugs and guns out of the car before the cops get there.

#8 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

Well if he was charged with the gun and the extra weed that was on the ground beside the car it would have been a bigger deal, you would be talking about a felony and that's no slap on the wrist. What we all need to learn from this is throw your drugs and guns out of the car before the cops get there.

Lol, I'll remember that next time.

#9 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

as a UNC fan I'm pretty shocked the charges were simply dropped. Still going to be facing pretty severe punishment from UNC or the NCAA I would assume

#10 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,317 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:23 AM

"...GMC Yukon Hairston was driving at the time was rented by Durham resident Haydn "Fats" Thomas," a 39-year-old convicted felon and party promoter who has ties to numerous college athletes in the state of North Carolina. The vehicle was rented from June 2 to June 5 for $1,261.64, according to the rental receipt."

Charges dropped. Yep, no story there...nothing to see. Please keep moving.

"Hairston was cited for speeding May 13 while driving a 2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS that was rented by Catinia Farrington, a woman who shares the same home address as Thomas."

And there continues to be no story here... right.

Get real and get honest. The reason the charges were dropped is because the guy is a UNC hoops player.

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:46 AM

"...GMC Yukon Hairston was driving at the time was rented by Durham resident Haydn "Fats" Thomas," a 39-year-old convicted felon and party promoter who has ties to numerous college athletes in the state of North Carolina. The vehicle was rented from June 2 to June 5 for $1,261.64, according to the rental receipt."
Charges dropped. Yep, no story there...nothing to see. Please keep moving.

"Hairston was cited for speeding May 13 while driving a 2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS that was rented by Catinia Farrington, a woman who shares the same home address as Thomas."
And there continues to be no story here... right.

Get real and get honest. The reason the charges were dropped is because the guy is a UNC hoops player.

Lol, that was weak.

Get real

He was arrested in Durham. It's not like he's a big time professional basketball player. Bigcat (who is a Duke fan) spelled it out for everyone. If you get arrested and you have a gun (that's not registered to you) and weed, just throw them out the window.

#12 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,317 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

Lol, that was weak.

Get real

He was arrested in Durham. It's not like he's a big time professional basketball player. Bigcat (who is a Duke fan) spelled it out for everyone. If you get arrested and you have a gun (that's not registered to you) and weed, just throw them out the window.

I'm not a Duke or UNC fan and I really don't care who is or isn't.

The kid has an obvious association with a convicted felon. The NCAA usually has issues with this. Not to mention the fact he is receiving perks from said convicted felon that could be in violation of NCAA rules.

Open your eyes and face some reality- where there's smoke (like, from a gun or a fattie) there's usually fire.

Let me ask you this- does this happen if it's the 15th man on the bench of a lesser-known school? I'm guessing not- scholarship gone, kicked off team, etc.

#13 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

I'm not a Duke or UNC fan and I really don't care who is or isn't.

The kid has an obvious association with a convicted felon. The NCAA usually has issues with this. Not to mention the fact he is receiving perks from said convicted felon that could be in violation of NCAA rules.

Open your eyes and face some reality- where there's smoke (like, from a gun or a fattie) there's usually fire.

Let me ask you this- does this happen if it's the 15th man on the bench of a lesser-known school? I'm guessing not- scholarship gone, kicked off team, etc.

I work for a college football team, so I'm quite aware of the rules and regulations.

I can guarantee you that the NCAA doesn't care about any of the charges that Hairston received because the NCAA only looks out for one thing, themselves.

The NCAA is and will be involved, just because your local newspaper hasn't reported about it, does not mean they aren't involved.

Just so you know, every school has a compliance officer to make sure that rules are not broken... here is one of those rules... A coach can give his player a bagel, but that player must pay for his own cream cheese (this is an actual rule regarding per diems and giving food to players).

Recently a player at the college I work at got arrested for attempted robbery and guess what... he's still on the team because he didn't break any NCAA violations.

The smart thing for UNC to do is to wait until the NCAA has ruled to make a decision on Hairston. With Hairston and McDonald being the only players under scrutiny, there probably won't be a post-season ban and at the very most Hairston will be suspended for a year.

All I have to say is if you don't know the rules, don't make yourself out to be all high and mighty.

#14 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

http://www.wralsport...owing/12695738/

#15 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

While the rental cars driven by Hairston raise the possibility of NCAA violations, the other connections to Thomas may not.

Most important quote from that article.

As long as they aren't breaking rules, there is nothing wrong with what they are doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.