Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nosuchthingasapanther

camp tweets...so it begins

Zaximus    4,435

Sounds like a guy that has realistic ideas and realizes that money doesn't last forever unless you are smart about it.   Respect.

boney    112

On This is Gross he talked about living in a manufactured home until his house is built.  His episode was really good, you're missing out if you didn't give it a listen.

Frank Hollywood    1,256

Exactly, some people's priorities don't always include a luxurious massive house.  Save Save Save!

Save for what?

Isn't a home the thing you save for? Real estate is an investment. I'm not saying he should go buy a castle, but damn, a millionaire in a small manufactured home when he has a family? That's a bit odd.

The_Cannon    282

Observer just posted some pics. Heres a few choice ones

hv7mQ.St.138.jpeg

Smitty and Beason 

YuOhd.St.138.jpeg

2012 Defensive Rookie Of the Year looking like a little kid

ysWLc.St.138.jpeg

Kalil giving the kids love

ZNnIG.St.138.jpeg

Thorrez    270

Save for what?

Isn't a home the thing you save for? Real estate is an investment. I'm not saying he should go buy a castle, but damn, a millionaire in a small manufactured home when he has a family? That's a bit odd.

Save for what? How about retirement? Which if you are a football player could be one hit away. Especially a guy like Hartsock that could be gone just because a new OC does not think he fits the system (or a better veteran becomes available).

And that is not even considering he is one trade away from having to go to work in New York or Miami or San Diego or Seattle tomorrow.

I say he is doing the smart thing, plenty of time to get his dream house in his dream place once he retires (or saves up enough to not have to worry). 

French Navy    351

Panther players aren't balling nearly hard enough, is what I've learned from this thread.

Retirement plans, double-wides and skateboards.

THUGS

PantherFeez    448

Save for what?

He's in the middle of building his home on his property, he bought the manufactured home and put it on the edge of his land instead of renting an apartment. I think he'll resell it or leave it there. Told Gross it was less money that way.

mjligon    8,336

Lol this thread was completely derailed. Hartsock is living there until his house is built. (This is Gross episode). Can we please not discuss Ben Hartsock's financial goals here?

Anyway. Still no Cam sighting? Did some players sneak in without reporters catching them or what?

CashNewton22    192

Maybe Hartsock doesn't know if he's gonna stay in Charlotte for more than a few years and doesn't want to make the commitment to building his "dream home" until he's certain as to what his next life changing move will be.

Alot of times we think of the player only. But they've got to consider their family when making those ever so important decisions like buying a house.