Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan is a $100 million man, what do you expect for Cam?

83 posts in this topic

Posted

Matt Ryan is not woth $20m a season. He's a good starter but he isn't elite.

Based on production Cam is probably worth 12-15m a season. But someone will overpay if not us which drives up his value. If Cam can't get into the playoffs you can't throw $20m a year at him.

Posted

Let's be clear on one thing:

Matt Ryan may be getting paid a hundred million, but he is NOT a "hundred million dollar man".

He may now officially be the single most overpaid player in the league.

Posted

Stop posting your wish list.

Oh it would be great for the rest of the division if Cam bombs, goes from Superman to Clark Kent, plays mediocre, or becomes irrelevant and the Panthers never have to experience the horrors of a 100 million contract. We are all hoping that is the case.

Posted

untitled-4gruxu.gif

Posted

Matt Ryan is not woth $20m a season. He's a good starter but he isn't elite.

Based on production Cam is probably worth 12-15m a season. But someone will overpay if not us which drives up his value. If Cam can't get into the playoffs you can't throw $20m a year at him.

That I do agree with, but for people to say he hasnt done anything is crazy.  We would love to be in the position he puts his team in every year he has been in the league with the exception of 2009 where they still went 9-7.  He is second tier level compared to the Manning's and Brady's of the world, but so is Cam.

Posted

If he resigned today probably around 80m. But I expect him to have a great season, so maybe just under 100m, maybe high 90s.

Would like to think Gettleman won't wipe out our cap with 1 resigning, but if theres one player we should keep its Cam. 

Posted

If he resigned today probably around 80m. But I expect him to have a great season, so maybe just under 100m, maybe high 90s.

Would like to think Gettleman won't wipe out our cap with 1 resigning, but if theres one player we should keep its Cam. 

Posted

Ryan is the beneficiary of that somewhat ridiculous Flacco contract.  Like Flacco, Ryan is a very good player who has had consistent regular-season success with a strong supporting cast.  Unlike Flacco, Ryan has shown next to nothing in the playoffs. 

As for Cam, agree with the previous posters who said this year is the linchpin.  A great year could easily result in a similar contract, if not more becuase his ceiling is so high.

Posted

I'm thinking that Cam is gonna get an appropriate offer from the front office.  We all know its about the guaranteed money anyway.  Throw 80 Mill at him and guarantee the bulk of it.  If 60 mil hits his account what difference does it make whether or not he got the coveted 100 mill contract.  

Guaranteed money, folks, Guaranteed money.

That is all. 

Posted

When I think about the future of this team, there are certainly things I see as cause for concern.

Gettleman wildly overpaying someone is one of the least likely of those concerns.

1 person likes this

Posted

Right now Cam wouldn't get a deal like that.

1 person likes this

Posted

i really do not think you can over pay a QB. it is a QB driven league, if your guy(QB) is on your roster, and you consider him a franchise QB, you will have to pay him as such.