Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

18 years ago today...

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The O.G. 

I've got #14's jersey hanging up in the Panther Den.  Its a Wilson jersey so you know its the truth!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

ill never forget bob christian thanks to that game. lol, john kasay looks like a rag-a-muffin in that pic!! i think both teams looked really classy then, dont know wtf happened with jacksonville over time...only major uniform adjustment we've made just won the greatest uniform in history contest :p 

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Somewhere in all my currently disorganized stuff, I have both that ticket and that program.

Posted · Report post

we can now legally purchase cigarettes and lotto tickets in most states

Posted · Report post

Chris Hetherington!

Posted · Report post

It's really crazy that its been 18 years. 18 years ago today, I became a Panther fan. I was 8 years old and just starting to like football. Since I was just starting to watch, I wanted a team that I could follow from their history. As I watched the HOF game, I told my mom that my favorite team would be the team that won that game.

Panthers won that preseason game, and I have been a fan ever since. It's crazy to think of all the ups and downs in this teams relatively short history, and I am so glad I have been a fan every step of the way.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I have a Reich Starter jersey somewhere in my closet, its the 1st Panther jersey I ever owned...

Posted · Report post

I remember watching that game...hard to believe it has already been 18 years.  I was only 7 and my dad and I were Dolphins fans prior to the Panthers existing.  I am so happy we have a team here now and can't even imagine not having the Panthers to follow 24/7 365

Posted · Report post

I remember that game well. I was 12, on vacation at the Gulf with my family. My dad and I were Eagles fans, but during that game I realized that the Eagles could suck it. Been with the Panthers ever since.

Posted · Report post

I remember watching this game with my older brother(RIP) when I was 11 with my life-size Panthers helmet replica in my lap that I bought with my own birthday money.  Was so happy when they won, I ran around the house with my helmet on smashing into things with my head.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Today I was thinking about things our kids will never hear....."Smoking or non smoking?"

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

It's really crazy that its been 18 years. 18 years ago today, I became a Panther fan. I was 8 years old and just starting to like football. Since I was just starting to watch, I wanted a team that I could follow from their history. As I watched the HOF game, I told my mom that my favorite team would be the team that won that game.

Panthers won that preseason game, and I have been a fan ever since. It's crazy to think of all the ups and downs in this teams relatively short history, and I am so glad I have been a fan every step of the way.

Man, you were dangerously close to having to own a Blaine Gabbert jersey!
1 person likes this