Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

18 years ago today...

28 posts in this topic

Posted

The O.G. 

I've got #14's jersey hanging up in the Panther Den.  Its a Wilson jersey so you know its the truth!

1 person likes this

Posted

ill never forget bob christian thanks to that game. lol, john kasay looks like a rag-a-muffin in that pic!! i think both teams looked really classy then, dont know wtf happened with jacksonville over time...only major uniform adjustment we've made just won the greatest uniform in history contest :p 

3 people like this

Posted

Somewhere in all my currently disorganized stuff, I have both that ticket and that program.

Posted

we can now legally purchase cigarettes and lotto tickets in most states

Posted

Chris Hetherington!

Posted

It's really crazy that its been 18 years. 18 years ago today, I became a Panther fan. I was 8 years old and just starting to like football. Since I was just starting to watch, I wanted a team that I could follow from their history. As I watched the HOF game, I told my mom that my favorite team would be the team that won that game.

Panthers won that preseason game, and I have been a fan ever since. It's crazy to think of all the ups and downs in this teams relatively short history, and I am so glad I have been a fan every step of the way.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a Reich Starter jersey somewhere in my closet, its the 1st Panther jersey I ever owned...

Posted

I remember watching that game...hard to believe it has already been 18 years.  I was only 7 and my dad and I were Dolphins fans prior to the Panthers existing.  I am so happy we have a team here now and can't even imagine not having the Panthers to follow 24/7 365

Posted

I remember that game well. I was 12, on vacation at the Gulf with my family. My dad and I were Eagles fans, but during that game I realized that the Eagles could suck it. Been with the Panthers ever since.

Posted

I remember watching this game with my older brother(RIP) when I was 11 with my life-size Panthers helmet replica in my lap that I bought with my own birthday money.  Was so happy when they won, I ran around the house with my helmet on smashing into things with my head.

1 person likes this

Posted

Today I was thinking about things our kids will never hear....."Smoking or non smoking?"

2 people like this

Posted

It's really crazy that its been 18 years. 18 years ago today, I became a Panther fan. I was 8 years old and just starting to like football. Since I was just starting to watch, I wanted a team that I could follow from their history. As I watched the HOF game, I told my mom that my favorite team would be the team that won that game.

Panthers won that preseason game, and I have been a fan ever since. It's crazy to think of all the ups and downs in this teams relatively short history, and I am so glad I have been a fan every step of the way.

Man, you were dangerously close to having to own a Blaine Gabbert jersey!

1 person likes this