Photo
- - - - -

My camp thoughts after today. Expect a conservative, run offense.

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#76 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

I have not read the rest of the posts, but I got to page 2 and nobody said this:  Cam Newton is a weapon.  Defenses are more afraid of him when he drops back to pass than when he hands off.

The first week of practice should be about the basics.  I think it is premature to suggest that we are reverting back to Foxball because we ran power, dive, and trap at practice.

I appreciate your thoughts--seriously.  I love knowing what others, especially those who go to Spartanburg, think.  I think we will run more effectively, but not more.  I think being more effective causes the defense to respect the run and makes play action better. 

Barner, Tolbert, and DWill (not including Stewart yet) have different sklll sets.  This should be a focus early on.   Right now they are adjusting their off season focus because their #1 back, Stew , is indefinitie.  In addition, they did not know what they had in Barner.  Finally, they have said they plan on using Tolbert more effectively.  This is the core of the offense, the foundation.  It only makes sense to work on it first. 

Personally, I'd take the Panthers 2011, or 2011 Saints (type) offense from the Panthers in 2013. 

That would be perfect. 

#77 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

I have not read the rest of the posts, but I got to page 2 and nobody said this:  Cam Newton is a weapon.  Defenses are more afraid of him when he drops back to pass than when he hands off.

The first week of practice should be about the basics.  I think it is premature to suggest that we are reverting back to Foxball because we ran power, dive, and trap at practice.

I appreciate your thoughts--seriously.  I love knowing what others, especially those who go to Spartanburg, think.  I think we will run more effectively, but not more.  I think being more effective causes the defense to respect the run and makes play action better. 

Barner, Tolbert, and DWill (not including Stewart yet) have different sklll sets.  This should be a focus early on.   Right now they are adjusting their off season focus because their #1 back, Stew , is indefinitie.  In addition, they did not know what they had in Barner.  Finally, they have said they plan on using Tolbert more effectively.  This is the core of the offense, the foundation.  It only makes sense to work on it first. 

Personally, I'd take the Panthers 2011, or 2011 Saints (type) offense from the Panthers in 2013. That would be perfect. 

There's no reason, why Cam can't throw for 4500 yards, while the team rushes for 1800-2100, if things click right. That's essentially what they did in 2011.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.