48 replies to this topic

#31 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,296 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

want to hear something equally disgusting?

tipping baristas to pour me a fuging cup of coffee...  since when did that become something?

oh, and I almost forgot, A BARISTA ISN'T AN ACCEPTABLE CAREER PATH TO SUCCESS!

#32 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

Some peoples views on tipping is completely fuging ridiculous. If you legitimately pay people $10 or more dollars just for pouring you a drink then you have more money than brains.There's some obvious exceptions but paying someone to do the job that they're already being payed to do shouldn't be a requirement.

I gave a $3 tip at Golden Corral. Suck my dick 

#33 JPPT1974

JPPT1974

St Patty's Day!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationSeymour TN

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

Usually in take out orders, you do not tip!

#34 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,250 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

Some peoples views on tipping is completely fuging ridiculous. If you legitimately pay people $10 or more dollars just for pouring you a drink then you have more money than brains.There's some obvious exceptions but paying someone to do the job that they're already being payed to do shouldn't be a requirement.

they aren't "already being payed to do it." the vast majority of servers make two bucks an hour. tips are their pay.

i tip over ten dollars all the time because generosity is a good thing, and it's only a few bucks to me and means a lot to them.

#35 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,888 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

I gave a $3 tip at Golden Corral. Suck my dick 

I started waiting tables a couple nights a week recently, and my paycheck for the 2 nights I worked was $24. 3 bucks an hour is my rate. 

I got a $30 tip off an 8 top I had one of those nights.  Our paychecks aren't poo, tips are how we make money. 

If I or anyone else provides good service, at least 15% should be given IMO (I'm always a 20%+ tipper myself).  If crap service is given, then yeah, less or in some case no tip can be understood. But let's not pretend the wait staff makes any kind of salary or hourly pay that can even fill a gas tank most weeks.

#36 BlanksKarma

BlanksKarma

Falcons Loser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

they aren't "already being payed to do it." the vast majority of servers make two bucks an hour. tips are their pay.

i tip over ten dollars all the time because generosity is a good thing, and it's only a few bucks to me and means a lot to them.

This goes back to tipping on carry-out orders.   What exactly has the server/bartender/hostess done to warrant a tip?  If anything, you should into the back of the house and tip them.

#37 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,250 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

This goes back to tipping on carry-out orders.   What exactly has the server/bartender/hostess done to warrant a tip?  If anything, you should into the back of the house and tip them.

ehh i don't really know. i've never quite known what to do on those... i don't know what they're making. if they're on $2/hr i'd be a total dick to stiff them because of what is essentially the bad luck of getting stuck in the shitty section of the shift. on the other hand 20% doesn't seem warranted.

i generally split the difference and just tip 10%. even for a large order that's not that much money for me, and since they generally get stiffed it usually makes their day. if i made drew brees's salary i sure as hell wouldn't leave a 4% tip.

#38 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

Same goes for the pizza world. We don't expect tips on carryout orders but people usually leave 10-15%. 3 bucks is like 4% of 74. I've always known Brees was fake. My family has a friend who's a famous journalist/author who wrote a book about the Saints. He said that Brees was the biggest asshole douche during interviews and that he couldn't stand the guy.

#39 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

he grew up in TX, so he's probably a Cowdouche fan...fits.

#40 BigBoss

BigBoss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Please come and talk to me about how your tipping and Drew brees tipping are the same thing when your making 120 million dollars also. Us normal people don't have 20 bucks to toss out as tips. He does.

He wants to refuse to do his job just for a extra couple million dollars? Then start sharing that money grinch.

#41 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,896 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

trickle down economics at work people

#42 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,558 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

Buncha non-tipping cocksuckers in this thread. 

#43 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

Last night, i tipped more than Brees on 2 pieces pie at a take out window. He's a cheap bastard.

#44 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,896 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

from now on I will always write on the tip line "$4...... i tip more than that faggot anal bead loving drew brews so suck it"

#45 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

I hate Drew Brees. With a passion. But I ain't tipping on a take out order. And LOL at those who say they do.

You do realize that McDonalds is takeout, right? And somebody microwaves that food? And they have kids?

You tip the waiter/waitress. The person whose job it is to convey your order to the kitchen, and insure that it's right. Tip stands for "To Insure Promptness". For takeout, YOU are the waiter/waitress. If you just wanna give money to the expediter, go ahead. That's why those do-litties put tip jars up. In case of dummies.

PS Waiters/waitresses make waiting wage. Counter people make regular pay. Minimum tho it be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.