#16 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

We have no speed in our secondary other than Godfrey and Mitchell. That's a problem.

#17 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

We have no speed in our secondary other than Godfrey and Mitchell. That's a problem.

and neither if them is known for there coverage ability....

Basically we can cover sufficiently a slot WR....as for the rest? What do these kids say now? Going ham? Opponents are going to go ham on us throwing when the pass rush isn't on....and no pass rush can be on all game

#18 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

I don't have the energy to worry with the secondary right now.  I'm too concerned with our offensive line.  Signing Chris Scott isn't even trying. 

#19 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

All has been quiet on the Josh Thomas front.  How's he been?  I thought he was our one semi-shining player in the secondary last season.  

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

We're pretty much the weakest receiving core in the Division. If our guys are "owning" the secondary, I'm not looking forward to seeing those guys play twice vs. Tampa, NO, or Atl.

#21 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

and neither if them is known for there coverage ability....

Basically we can cover sufficiently a slot WR....as for the rest? What do these kids say now? Going ham? Opponents are going to go ham on us throwing when the pass rush isn't on....and no pass rush can be on all game

What was the panthers defense ranking last year? What positions have we upgraded this year? And do you think the defense will get better or worse with the new additions? I think the answer to these questions sufficiently quiets any discussion on the secondary.

#22 savage

savage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

florence easily picked cam off when smitty tried a double move against him one-on-one at fan fest.   it was pretty impressive.

#23 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

meh....just a rivalry thing between O and D.  he's trying to piss them off and get them to pick up their game.

nothing more to read into it.

#24 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,783 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:01 AM

by all accounts florence is a step up from anything we had the majority of last year. i like to think they're going to rotate munnerlyn in and out of nickelback when dj moore's not on the field and keep josh thomas outside. it was nice not throwing my remote through the wall ten plays a game last season

#25 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,079 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

The 2nd and 3rd string secondary was getting torched, but 1st string fought to a draw or even slightly ahead. Smitty's overselling it.

#26 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,722 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:02 AM

@jjones9
Smith said the WRs have been owning the secondary the past 4 practices. If they continue it, "it'll be 11 straight days of tappin' it."
12:39pm - 5 Aug 13

Is he counting passes when the qb would have been sacked?

Technically, when a perceived weakness faces another perceived weakness, something has to give.   Remenber that Smitty is not an objective source--he is probably responding to some heated trash talking and sending a message to the DBs.

#27 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:09 AM

Been saying it for 3 years and people still act shocked when they hear a report saying the unit isn't very good

#28 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,722 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

Golly Gee Willakers, people.  The secondary is much improved.   No, it is not perfect, but I see upgrades at 3 spots--FS (considering Godfrey replaced Nakamura), SS (considering Mitchell replaced Godfrey and is beating out Campbell) and CB (Florence over Dockery/Norman/Thomas).  Last year, Thomas and Norman started. 

If we improve at a position from a 7-9 team, then that is all you can ask.

#29 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

Keep in mind that in training camp the receivers have a few extra seconds to get open and make the catch. The best DB's in the league cannot cover guys that long.

A word of caution about evaluating CB's when the QB is in no danger of being sacked or hurried.

#30 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

Keep in mind that in training camp the receivers have a few extra seconds to get open and make the catch. The best DB's in the league cannot cover guys that long.

A word of caution about evaluating CB's when the QB is in no danger of being sacked or hurried.

That Idea just flew over idiots head. Not to mention Mike Mitchell can't light people up like he wants to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.