#151 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,522 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

Yeah that's a good way to do them. Back when I was huge into crossfit, there was a workout where we had to do 100 burpees for time. I don't know whether or not I have ever done such a terrible training event in all my days. How's insanity going for you?

if I saw 100 burpees as the wod, I would stay at home.

I did insanity about 18 months ago. good supplemental workout, but it's too limited to be what it claims to be

#152 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,522 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

What kind of heavy bag drills do you guys do?

when I first started, it was just swinging as fast as possible - left, right, left, right.

Now I get a low, open stance (feet more than shoulder width apart, butt down but not low like a squat, core contracted as much as possible) fast but controlled hooks

#153 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationRotting slowly in Afghanistan

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

Were finally on the move! Time to do my job! Training hasn't taken any breaks and my PRS are growing with each hard weightlifting session. As you could read from my other thread, rough times beset me but the gym was a constant I was able to release a lot of pent up anger. I've been following the same BB cycle that I've been using and hilariously, my maxes have increased!! Although my pride and joy (squats) has taken a back seat to the "bro" muscles. Tisk tisk!! But don't be mistaken! My pulls have taken a huge gain! 25lbs in a month and a half! Talk about freakin gains.

I don't want to make this thread an emotional dump, but I just want to say that I have really leaned a lot from you guys and I hope that I have taught you some (painful) lessons as well.

Back to destroying iron!

Today's training:
8x sets of weighted pulls ups (I did 15 consec. Pull-ups as a warm up! Not to shabby for 193 lbs)
Bent over rows 5x5 ( I wanna get this lift strong! I dot know why but it appeals to me)
Deadlift to shrug! 3,1,1,1,3 heavy heavy!
Superset- 4x
1. Neutral grip pulldowns
2. Straight arm push downs
3. Alternating arm pull-ups

Rough day!
How goes it?

#154 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

if I saw 100 burpees as the wod, I would stay at home.

I did insanity about 18 months ago. good supplemental workout, but it's too limited to be what it claims to be

I agree! I did p90x for a full cycle and I was disappointed by the junk science displayed in its programming. Kind if the same thin for crossfit. But I'm not gonna get into that.

#155 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

when I first started, it was just swinging as fast as possible - left, right, left, right.

Now I get a low, open stance (feet more than shoulder width apart, butt down but not low like a squat, core contracted as much as possible) fast but controlled hooks

I'm going to start a training schedule that incorporates systema and weightlifting. It seems kind of generic, but I want to see before I judge! I mean hey! Sheiko destroyed me and I gained massive strength!

#156 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,522 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

I agree! I did p90x for a full cycle and I was disappointed by the junk science displayed in its programming. Kind if the same thin for crossfit. But I'm not gonna get into that.

I think P90X is good for beginners or people trying to get back into fitness. Insanity is a whole lot of cardio with nothing but body weight to load your muscles, which is counterproductive and imo, why it should only be a supplement. I like crossfit best of the three mostly because it combines strength training with proper body mechanics which I believe gives a better overall workout (for my goals, anyway). I don't like the crossfit elitist culture or their pyramid scheme way of running gyms. But what keeps me away more than anything is the designated "class" times.

I've been thinking about getting back into more power lifting now that most of my back problems arent so painful anymore. Nothing hardcore like you're doing - probably easing back into it in 6 week cycles like my old HS coach had us doing outside of football season. My problem will be patience and motivation.

What is your MOS, PiA? Will you have time to hit the gym daily?

#157 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

I think P90X is good for beginners or people trying to get back into fitness. Insanity is a whole lot of cardio with nothing but body weight to load your muscles, which is counterproductive and imo, why it should only be a supplement. I like crossfit best of the three mostly because it combines strength training with proper body mechanics which I believe gives a better overall workout (for my goals, anyway). I don't like the crossfit elitist culture or their pyramid scheme way of running gyms. But what keeps me away more than anything is the designated "class" times.

I've been thinking about getting back into more power lifting now that most of my back problems arent so painful anymore. Nothing hardcore like you're doing - probably easing back into it in 6 week cycles like my old HS coach had us doing outside of football season. My problem will be patience and motivation.

What is your MOS, PiA? Will you have time to hit the gym daily?

try sheiko man! It's a good program to have your body acclimatizated to heavy and frequent volume lifting. I'm 31B, combat military police. And with my shifts, I should have ample time! But that's if the mission doesn't change!

#158 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

Hola, peoples. Its been a hot minute since I updated this beast. 

Its time to stay on this thing. 

my BW is up to 201! its exciting! 

Attached File  bulking.jpg   17.2K   0 downloads

Mondays training!:

1.Bench press – (50%@5Х1) (60%@4Х2) (70%@3Х2) (75%@3Х5)…(34)

2.Squat – (50%@5Х1)  (60%@5Х2)  (70%@5Х5)…(40)

3.Bench press – (50%@6Х1) (60%@6Х2) (65%@6Х4)...(42)

4.Flat dumbbells “flies”-10Х5.

5. cable pushdowns - 3x10+

6.”Good mornings” - 5Х5.

wednesday-

1.Deadlift (50%@5Х1) (60%@5Х2) (70%@4Х2) (75%@3Х4)…(35)

2.bench (50% 4Х1) (60% 4Х1) (70% 3Х2) (75% 3Х6)

3.Dips 5Х5 (weighted)

4.Deadlift (50% 5Х1) (60% 5Х2) (70% 4Х2) (80% 3Х4)...(35)

5.Lunges 5Х5 Weighted.

6.Abs 10Х3.

7.Curl bro stuff

friday- 

1.Squat (50% 4Х1) (60% 4Х1) (70% 3Х2) (75% 3Х6)…(29)

2.Bench press (50% 6Х1) (60% 5Х1) (70% 4Х2) (75% 3Х2) (80% 2Х2) (75% 4Х1) (70% 5Х1) (60% 6Х1) (50% 7Х1)…(51)

3.Chest Flies 10Х5.

4.Triceps 10Х5.

5.Squat (55% 3Х1) (65% 3Х1) (75% 2Х4)...(14)

6.”Good mornings” 6Х5.

#159 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Used to lift quite a bit throughout high school and college but haven't touched a weight in two years and am now 15 pounds heavier than I have ever been.

That said, just ordered my whey, fish oil, multi vitamin, and my BCAAs/glutamine so I'm about to get back into it. Just drafted up a rough workout routine for the first few months and have a diet and nutrition plan ready to go. Hoping to shred 20 pounds and get lean again in a few months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.