Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Someone is about to be very unpopular.

242 posts in this topic

Also, why would I confront my boss and coworkers that it seems racist to say that to me when people flip the fug out, race card etc.

whoa. we are now doing a double reverse straw man here.

what is the % break down of generally? quantify it for me.

generally - commonly; for the most part

stop being obtuse. or better yet, just stop posting.

it is fuging weird to me that you seem to think that "well spoken" college students are somehow more rare than ppl with milk at the grocery store. i'd venture to guess that you don't stop ppl at the store and tell them how pleasantly surprised you are that they're fulfilling their daily requirement of calcium

Nah, it was actually referring to the part where you spent the last few pages downplaying it and telling us how you take every opportunity to tell your black friends how not racist their own experiences are.

i gave examples where it would be hard for my friends to totally prove the situation was racist. notice i didn't share the ones that they have told me about where i didn't say well just go talk to the old man because those scenarios i go i agree with you it was racist.

do they stll teach Apples and Oranges in school? because if not, they may really help.

all im saying man is, just because someone said what they did isn't automatically racist. dumb or not a more effective means of praise? possibly.

without knowing that person, how can we really know? and like i said in some posts earlier back as well. blatant racism i would never ever downplay.

me just trying to offer a simple way to maybe help those that may in fact not even realize what they are saying, OR, maybe they do and they need to be challenged on it. that's all im doing.

if you feel like i'm just blowing off what you go through that couldn't be farther from the truth. however, if that's how it appears then i humbly apologize. not my goal or intention.

Yes? Not everyone from the south is some dumb, mouth-breathing hick like tbterror.

It pisses me off to no end when clients tell me I don't sound like they expected a southerner to, because I know how they expect me to sound.

Like this.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0yuR4VsUWb5

Quoting for new page because I put a lot of time and effort into that voiceclip.

it's a common thing around here where when racists employ racial stereotypes ppl trip over themselves to try to show that it's somehow not racist. probably because they believe in racial stereotypes themselves

it is fuging weird to me that you seem to think that "well spoken" college students are somehow more rare than ppl with milk at the grocery store. i'd venture to guess that you don't stop ppl at the store and tell them how pleasantly surprised you are that they're fulfilling their daily requirement of calcium

only those that are over 80 i will stop. granted it doesn't take much to stop them but i do have to say i appreciate their awareness of brittle bones and how if they were to break their hip that it creates a downward spiral for them.

keep in mind i'm usually saying this very loud because, well, they are over 80 and then those within in ear shot who may be young but are NOT thinking about their calcium intake go hmm, that guy in the Stone Temple Pilots t-shirt talking to that old dude in the motorized cart makes a good point. i'm going to go back and get me some organic milk so I don't end up in that same cart one day.

it's a common thing around here where when racists employ racial stereotypes ppl trip over themselves to try to show that it's somehow not racist. probably because they believe in racial stereotypes themselves

i disagree. you are tripping over yourself to "prove" someone is without really knowing and will cherry pick on what you want.

so let me go ahead and say it shuttlescock. you are well spoken.

only those that are over 80 i will stop. granted it doesn't take much to stop them but i do have to say i appreciate their awareness of brittle bones and how if they were to break their hip that it creates a downward spiral for them.

keep in mind i'm usually saying this very loud because, well, they are over 80 and then those within in ear shot who may be young but are NOT thinking about their calcium intake go hmm, that guy in the Stone Temple Pilots t-shirt talking to that old dude in the motorized cart makes a good point. i'm going to go back and get me some organic milk so I don't end up in that same cart one day.

that is bullshit but i appreciate the effort

that is bullshit but i appreciate the effort

it's called medicine. look into it.

i disagree. you are tripping over yourself to "prove" someone is without really knowing and will cherry pick on what you want.

so let me go ahead and say it shuttlescock. you are well spoken.

you don't need to tell me

save your shock for ppl like madhatter who claim to have a master's degree but can't string together 5 words without using "lazy" or "idiot"

shuttles you are the standard we all aspire to be. for the longest time it was Guy Pearce for me but not anymore.