Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Backfield speaks of "broken promises"...

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#16 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

So...valid point or sour grapes from someone who didn't get the ball as much as he thought he should?

valid point. i remember heading into last year lot's of talk and excitement from other players about the range of ways that tolbert was going to be used. that had to come from somewhere. people were also considering chud to be a mad scientist so i expect that they saw a lot more in the playbook than was actually being used.

#17 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

I just hope he is more interested in winning than padding his stats. I think he is, prob just voicing his opinions. Im sure he isnt the only one with broken promises. He will get his touches too, but he better make them count. We hav a lot of talent in the backfield. He won't get the same amount he did in San Diego.

#18 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

the broken promises was mentioned by DWill that they would game plan all week to run the ball and then Chud would bail on game day.

doesn't sound like sour grapes more so than just stating a fact.

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

See you later Chud.

#20 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,048 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Maybe he didn't reach those rushing numbers because there's too many starting running backs on this team and it's a passing league

Teams on average still rush the ball over 40% of the time so there are plenty of carries to be had.  You are right though, we didn't use Tolbert in the read option at all which was a big part of last year in the first half.

#21 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

Just how many carries does he think he is going to get with three other backs splitting with him..

#22 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

I knew our season was in trouble, when I saw Cam line up as a wideout on the first offensive play in Tampa.

#23 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

I would like to see the bowling bowl replicate the 54 catches out of the backfield like in SD. Help the 2nd TE situation out untill B.Williams develops.

#24 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

Meh, I think Chud didn't fit in here, at all. And used the team as his launching pad for his next job. Sure, I think most coaches do that, but they also want to focus on their team at hand. I don't think Chud did that at all. I believe he was a selfish coordinator that almost destroyed our offense.

Hearing the players say things like that just reaffirms that for me.

#25 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,653 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

This makes me more optimistic that we will actually run the ball when we need to.

#26 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,449 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

With the comments from Deangelo and now Tolbert, seems pretty clear it's not just sour grapes.

Let's hope they can make good on all this run talk.

#27 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,814 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

I always felt they ran to much out of the option, and not enough traditional run formations.

Having a feared passing attack is great.
Having a feared rushing attack
makes the passing attack even morr difficult to defend.

#28 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,676 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

then he's going to be awfully disappointed this year splitting snaps with williams, stewart, and barner

#29 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

so why the HC didnt inform his OC to stick to the game plan?

#30 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

then he's going to be awfully disappointed this year splitting snaps with williams, stewart, and barner

I don't think he's concerned with splitting carries (or padding his stats as someone alluded to earlier in the thread)..  He even said as much when Stewart returns to the field.

I think he's primarily talking about the game plan like DWill brought up a while back. 

Being told he would be game planned as a hybrid/2nd TE role and yet was forgotten..  Just as DWill said Chud would game plan to run the ball all week in practice, and then completely ditch it during the game.

If I were in their position I would at least like to see consistency from my coach instead of flying by the seat of his pants as soon as the game starts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com