Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Religious People Are Less Intelligent Than Atheists, Concludes New Study

138 posts in this topic

Posted

Meh, IQ testing isn't the end all be all for measuring mental ability

you know how many times i said this in a job interview just as they are shooing me out the door? :lol:

Posted

Use the brain that God gave you! Just not too much

2 people like this

Posted

atheism generally requires at least a basic level of critical thinking as a prerequisite, religion generally does not.

Even though there are religious people that think critically (and plenty of them), the less intelligent among them will drag down the overall average.

This isn't rocket science.

4 people like this

Posted

I think superstition shows a lack of intelligence. And while there are a lot of superstitions attached to religious beliefs I think one can be religious and not be very superstitious.

Posted

atheism generally requires at least a basic level of critical thinking as a prerequisite, religion generally does not.

Even though there are religious people that think critically (and plenty of them), the less intelligent among them will drag down the overall average.

This isn't rocket science.

Was going to post basically the same thing.

Posted

I can't imagine that selling boarded up shacks to retards in Louisiana is all that hard... not a great proof.

A quick search will reveal I listed just listed an office building at $1.49 M and Vacanf land zoned BC-1 for $875k just this morning, not exactly boarded up shacks and over $100k in commission when sold. FAIL!

Posted

Donald Trump makes a lot of money so....

Posted

Use the brain that God gave you! Just not too much

How about using the brain that developed over millions of years through natural selection and when diets increased protein intake started developing higher reasoning abilities that allows some people to choose to believe a bunch of old morality fairy tales are actually true.

Posted

I think superstition shows a lack of intelligence. And while there are a lot of superstitions attached to religious beliefs I think one can be religious and not be very superstitious.

I view superstition as a complete disregard of occam's razor.  It's merely a different way of looking at the world and can sometimes lead a person to new answers.  The trouble with ignoring the most simple answers is that it opens you up to a lot of wrong answers, though.

At this point I'm just rambling what pops into my head.

Posted

A quick search will reveal I listed just listed an office building at $1.49 M and Vacanf land zoned BC-1 for $875k just this morning, not exactly boarded up shacks and over $100k in commission when sold. FAIL!

A quick search will also reveal that you're full of poo.

Posted

wonders where agnostics fit into the study...but I really don't care enough to read it

Posted

i don't, ahem, believe this study.