Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did a Panthers fan actually say something about Defense?

85 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

yeah the ravens would have just run a no huddle offense the entire game and would have won 100-0. the panthers would not have adjusted. this is why every team in the league runs a no huddle because it literally can't be defended.

Actually they stopped the no huddle last year against both Saints and Falcons just to name 2, and yes, those teams will both play a fast pace to no huddle all game.

Posted · Report post

Definitely the defense looked great and Keek was beasting, so yes I will give some love. The point I was making was the premise behind this thread about them struggling against hurry up and no huddle still seems like an issue. At the same time it's preseason so who knows how different I can be with maybe less vanilla calls or more pressure calls in regular season. Honestly the reason I started this thread was to poke fund at the bad performance of Def in first 2 games because they have always been a strong point with that front 7 and were playing so bad those games.

while you are right about the first two games, can't deny the dominance displayed in the first half sans the first drive.  first pick 6 was helped by a blitzing Kuechly, forced fumble by Keek would have been a 5 yard lost had it not been a fumble, Keek broke up a pass to get intercepted only to be called a penalty, then he stepped in front of a hook route(which i have no idea how you could say it was the wrong route unless you were calling the play).  The front seven is crazy good with an aggressive secondary that will make some great plays and give up some pooty ones.

Posted · Report post

Since when did our defense look bad against Chicago?  Did I watch a completely fuging different game or something?

Yeah, we got slapped in the face against an extremely fast Eagles team with an offense that has literally never been seen before in the NFL.  Guess what... we still held them to 14 points despite the yards we may have given up.  Oh yeah, and Sione fuging Fua was starting that game and playing an unholy amount of snaps.

Other than that, the defense has looked pretty damn stellar so far.

P.S. - Interesting thing I learned after-the-fact about that Eagles game... Chip Kelly had the stadium music blasting unusually loud all the way up until the moment the ball was snapped by the Eagles offense.  It was reported to be so loud that it was nearly impossible to audible clearly or adjust on the defensive side.  This might not sound like much of an advantage... until you consider that the Eagles, under Kelly's system, don't huddle up to call plays but rather use a combination of images/numbers/colors/etc. being held up on the sidelines.  That's a pretty dangerous combo when you factor in their extraordinarily high-tempo offense.

Posted · Report post

Plus I wouldn't be all that proud about stomping the Raiders.  The Chicago Bears bitchslapped that Raiders team to the tune of 27-3 at the half.  The same Chicago Bears team that we manhandled in the first game.

Edit:  Lol, I just realized the Saints played against the Chiefs in their first preseason game.  THE vaunted Kansas City Chiefs offense (currently dead last in nearly every offensive category in the league right now) which was almost as bad as New Orleans' defense last year.  And the Raiders are... well so far they look like they're still the Raiders.  Both of those teams had exceptionally craptacular offenses in 2012.  A good defensive showing against them is almost as impressive as averaging 40 pts/g against the Saints last year.

Posted · Report post

Definitely the defense looked great and Keek was beasting, so yes I will give some love. The point I was making was the premise behind this thread about them struggling against hurry up and no huddle still seems like an issue. At the same time it's preseason so who knows how different I can be with maybe less vanilla calls or more pressure calls in regular season. Honestly the reason I started this thread was to poke fund at the bad performance of Def in first 2 games because they have always been a strong point with that front 7 and were playing so bad those games.

Hey guyz teh Pantherrz suck!

Oh wait, I've just been rebutted, let me backtrack! That wasn't the point I was trying to make derp! You see, teh Pantherz only kinda suck against teh no huddlez!

(reaches for potato chip)

Sent from my SGH-T999

Posted · Report post

Plus I wouldn't be all that proud about stomping the Raiders.  The Chicago Bears bitchslapped that Raiders team to the tune of 27-3 at the half.  The same Chicago Bears team that we manhandled in the first game.

Edit:  Lol, I just realized the Saints played against the Chiefs in their first preseason game.  THE vaunted Kansas City Chiefs offense (currently dead last in nearly every offensive category in the league right now) which was almost as bad as New Orleans' defense last year.  And the Raiders are... well so far they look like they're still the Raiders.  Both of those teams had exceptionally craptacular offenses in 2012.  A good defensive showing against them is almost as impressive as averaging 40 pts/g against the Saints last year.

Alex Smith has had 0 (Zero, none, zip, nadda) passes in the midrange or long range, so far this pre-season.  Not a single pass outside 10yds.  He makes teh Jimmeh look like a gunslinging bomber.

Posted · Report post

I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Eagles this year.  It wasn't too long ago that they were actually a pretty good team... and hell, they've still got a lot of the pieces (lol Dream Team).  The players just decided to fuging quit on their coach and it turned into a dumpster fire last year.

That offense is going to be interesting for the first couple of weeks at the very least... I'm willing to bet Kelly re-revives Vick's career.

Posted · Report post

Lolz at the Taints D giving up almost 300yds in the first half to Matt Schaub.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Eagles this year.  It wasn't too long ago that they were actually a pretty good team... and hell, they've still got a lot of the pieces (lol Dream Team).  The players just decided to fuging quit on their coach and it turned into a dumpster fire last year.

That offense is going to be interesting for the first couple of weeks at the very least... I'm willing to bet Kelly re-revives Vick's career.

i think they're going to nut check washington in week 1.  nobody thinks they have a chance but there's no real film on that offense at the pro level.  also forgive me for having my doubts about a second year quarterback who hasn't seen any live action since january being a lock to dominate in his first game back.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

500yds and 30 1st downs for the texans today. Bwahahahahahaha!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Did somebody say something about defense?

:cam:

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The Saints allowed over 300 yards in the 1st half vs the Texans and gave up 16 points.....

But they looked good vs some sorry teams.  

Saints DEF still sucks....