Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Risers and Fallers - Eagles Edition

98 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Gettlemen spends money on the O and invests this year.....he likely digs a hole he has to work around if he makes a mass coaching change.

Defensively he added talent.....that meshes with what he would hire in a new coach.

Said it since DG arrived. He ain't all in. If he was...he likely would add players that fit Ron's team and that wouldn't mesh with his new coach's ideas.

Now I bitch about DG not being sold and willing to invest on this O outside of bandits and one year castoffs.....but that probably is the right call if you are a good GM. Odds of RR not making it are probably better than him working out. But I am a RR and Cam guy....

this is all kinds of fail. and you wonder why people think you are a nancy.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I disagree on Brockel being a riser. He does not open holes in our run game and when he meets a defender at the line or the back field he gets stood up. He either stands still with his block or misses/gets blown by. I tracked him on week 1 and he showed the same thing.

riser: gettis

faller: silatolu

Posted · Report post

Gettleman had plenty of problems to deal with. He changed a cap of 15 million over to almost 13 million under. He fixed the D-line and brought in receivers. He had one spot on the Oline to fill and did it with Williams.
He is all in but he is thinking long term not a one year fix. He wanted Rivera and said so. He likes where we are right now and realizes you can't fix everything year 1. I think DG wants Rivera to be here and will do everything to help him stay.

He brought in bandaid WRs

He was told RR was his coach this year

Posted · Report post

It just seems unfair to Cam in a similar way it was unfair to Jimmy. When you have a young qb it seems like other teams build around them. We haven't really done that with Cam and damn sure didn't do it with Jimmy.

That is just wrong.  We have one of the best backfields around and our receiver corps is going to be good.  We have 2 past probowlers on the O line and 1 hole we filled with Williams.  We have built plenty around Cam.  He has more weapons than Delhomme ever had with the exception of perhaps 2003.

Posted · Report post

Please, David Gettis.  Save us all from another mediocre season with your magic.  

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hey Zod, do you think G-Man goes all offense the next draft?

Depends on who the head coach is.

Posted · Report post

this is all kinds of fail. and you wonder why people think you are a nancy.

Nah, you just have to realize the situation Gettlemen is in.....he has to realize that Rivera being gone and a new offense coming soon is a very realistic thing. He can't invest heavily in a Rivera offense with draft picks or money. It is what it is.

If Rivera earns the right to stay then he can build and invest for him

Posted · Report post

That is just wrong. We have one of the best backfields around and our receiver corps is going to be good. We have 2 past probowlers on the O line and 1 hole we filled with Williams. We have built plenty around Cam. He has more weapons than Delhomme ever had with the exception of perhaps 2003.

Delhomme had a better cast in 2008. Younger Smith, Williams and Stewart. Better OL.

Greg Olsen doesn't counter all that.

And our RBs don't mean poo without OL blocking.....see last year. They were average

Posted · Report post

yea i agree ginn and hixon are bandaids(at best), but no worthy player is going to sign a one year deal.  we are still screwed cap-wise the next two years so i doubt we could have offered more than that.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

can someone do a highlight snipit, if its ok with zod of course.  I missed the game..and hate nfl.com hack job highlights. 

sorry but our black on black uniforms are taken from a preschools "you can paint" with numbers book.

Posted · Report post

Sometimes the best players are already on the team.  Edwards and Gettis.  Ginn is a great returner and Hixon when healthy is good.  Our receiver corps is going to be best we have had in a decade.

As for Gettleman, what else would he say.  Did Gettleman makes any big changes with any part of the staff?  He has repeatedly said he thought the coaches and the staff were top notch.

Posted · Report post

Am I the only one that thought Josh Norman actually took a step back from the first game? It seemed when Vick was in the middle of going 9 for 9 on a couple drives it was Josh Norman's guy that was constantly wide open.