Photo
- - - - -

RNC to block CNN/NBC primary debates if Hillary documentaries, show aired.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,609 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...c-over-clinton/

The Republican National Committee has voted to boycott any presidential primary debates planned by CNN and NBC if they proceed with lengthy television features on Hillary Clinton, widely expected to be a 2016 Democratic candidate. .

Last month, CNN Films announced it was producing a documentary on Clinton to premiere next year, first in theaters and then on CNN. 

NBC also announced a four-hour "Hillary" miniseries starring Diane Lane, on the life of the former secretary of State and first lady. 

CNN defended its planned documentary in a written statement in early August.   

"This documentary will be a non-fiction look at the life of a former First Lady and Secretary of State. Instead of making premature decisions about a project that is in the very early stages of development and months from completion, we would encourage the members of the Republican National Committee to reserve judgment until they know more," the statement said. "Should they decide not to participate in debates on CNN, we would find it curious, as limiting their debate participation seems to be the ultimate disservice to voters." 

Thoughts?

I think it's a little crazy to get up in arms about a documentary that will air 2 years before the election, but I understand the frustration with the media giving free publicity to an opposing candidate.  Given the amount of time until the election, I think it's making a mountain out of a molehill.  Wonder if the DNC would show the same response to a Rubio documentary from a network...

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,662 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...c-over-clinton/

Thoughts?

I think it's a little crazy to get up in arms about a documentary that will air 2 years before the election, but I understand the frustration with the media giving free publicity to an opposing candidate.  Given the amount of time until the election, I think it's making a mountain out of a molehill.  Wonder if the DNC would show the same response to a Rubio documentary from a network...

Since when have they really had concerns about debate moderators...

Between people like Gwen Ifill, Candy Crowley, et al....they've been estatic. 

#3 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,662 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

That being said...I think it is making a mountain out of a molehill, but it is completely within their powers.  I'm tiring of the celebrity status put on these moderators anyway.  It's not about them.  Make it a panel of journalists voted on by the respective parties and top 3 candidates are selected and are given no authority to question responses with commentary (Candy Crowley).

#4 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,283 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

As I mentioned a few weeks back, it IS the season already. DNC does not care about Obama anymore, it is all about Hillary now, damn the convention or primaries. She paid her dues and it is her time. The media will do what it can to help them along any way they can.

To think putting warm fuzzy thoughts of Hillary in the broadcast arena this early will not effect anything is a bit short sighted. These folks thrive on power, manipulation, etc. It is ever ongoing.

And yes, the DNC would throw a fit if there was a series done on Rubio, except if the media did one, it would be negative, so DNC might agree. Just the lay of the land as it exists.

#5 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,662 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

As I mentioned a few weeks back, it IS the season already. DNC does not care about Obama anymore, it is all about Hillary now, damn the convention or primaries. She paid her dues and it is her time. The media will do what it can to help them along any way they can.

To think putting warm fuzzy thoughts of Hillary in the broadcast arena this early will not effect anything is a bit short sighted. These folks thrive on power, manipulation, etc. It is ever ongoing.

And yes, the DNC would throw a fit if there was a series done on Rubio, except if the media did one, it would be negative, so DNC might agree. Just the lay of the land as it exists.

As even NBC pundits (Todd, Mitchell) have pointed out that it's a no-win situation for them and they shouldn't do the documentaries.  You can't say they were not warned well ahead of time. 

#6 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,961 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Doesn't the GOP already consider any source of information outside of their own echo chamber "LIBERAL MEDIA"?

Why not just go ahead with the boycott anyway?  It'll give them more ammo for their persecution complex when they lose again in 2016.

#7 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,332 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

i don't see them boycotting food network's upcoming documentary on chris christie....

heh, he's fat.

#8 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,279 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

what if the documentary finally proves that hillary clinton personally murdered vince foster

#9 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,585 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

Just further ostracizes them from mainstream America.

I think this is just a terrible idea. Makes Republicans look petty and small. Several news organizations including Fox, MSNBC, and CNN had great and inspiring documentaries about John McCain incredible story.

They didn't seem to give a sh1t about that.

#10 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,585 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

I think Priebus is a terrible chairman. Michael Steele was unfairly blamed for Republican troubles.

#11 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,283 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Comedy Central just announced the "Live at the Improv" featuring the Best of Joe Biden.

Seems he doesn't want Hillary to get ALL the free media exposure.

#12 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

saw this last week, let them do their little black mail thingy they want to do.  how they don't see their child-like threats is beyond me.  

#13 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Seems like this would only be shooting themselves in the foot?

#14 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

they are good at that, problem is, they at least nick everybody else first

#15 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,126 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Didn't Sarah Palin have an entire TV series?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com