Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the difference in Panthers QB accuracy vs Cleveland's QB's

58 posts in this topic

Posted

What're the types of passes being thrown? Nick Foles had an insanely high completion percentage against us Thursday, but most of his throws were also screen passes to receivers on the line. It's not like he was throwing 3rd and 20 passes, trying to complete them (which Cam was forced to do).

However, I'm also not saying that Cam is above scrutiny. He's not. At all. Some of his passes look like poo, and that's been throughout his career. Am I worried about it? No, not right now. If we start the regular season 0-2, and we're seeing awful passing, then yes, I'll be worried about.

Plus, as Kurb said, teh Norv Turner.

Posted

Cam hasn't played well in preseason.

Posted

But couldn't the reason we are in 3rd in 20 be that we were not hitting the short passes to say Barner or Williams instead of trying to pass to ginn 20x in a row

Posted

Lots of times passes are forced in preseason to work w/ certain people. Chances are taken on purpose. Please sae your rants for games that matter.

5 people like this

Posted

Is this some type of riddle that takes us around the world to teach us a simple truth, redbuhhda? 

You are living up to your name, my friend.

1 person likes this

Posted

We're talking about this because Cam is in his 3rd yr as a pro and through training camp and preseason so far Cam's throwing is poo. Meanwhile I'm watching highlights of guys like Brees and Brady carve up offenses with a surgical knife. That's why.

Brees and Brady are product of their OL. They have great OL so their play will always be consistent. For Cam to do well he has to put his body on the line. So preseason is not the place to do it. By the way, are you sure you don't wanna be CASaintsFan? Nobody will miss you here.

1 person likes this

Posted

I feel what your saying but the person he trust the most is who he is overthrowing the most. He our QB and he not going anywhere but it does make your head scratch he doesn't miss by a little but by a lot when he misses see below). And no I am not a hater. I love this team and my QB

newtonbadthrow2_original.jpg?1376683580

The play was after he ran away from a collapsing pocket and had to reset his feet and throw it 20 yards down field with pressure in his face. You guys are rough on this board. Yikes!!!

Posted

Carolina loses to Seattle in week one and the Huddle blows up like Hiroshima...

Posted

Yep.

Posted

How is it a cause for concern? Cam has always played bad in the preseason. It's not as if he doesn't have a history for it. His regular season accuracy ratings are 60.0 and 57.7 for his first two seasons. How the fug do you look at his regular season stats and say that what he is doing in the preseason is a cause for concern. Jesus people on this forum are dumb as poo.

observing how he is playing right now makes someone dumb?  i don't think so.  i'll refrain from name calling, but for those of us that recognize cam is in his third year, and has made all these promises about "changing," then the best way to start that is by getting his head in the game from the get-go.  i put stock in what i see in front of me.  you're only as good as your last game.  we will see more in the next one.  pausing for concern is what most rational people do.  it's not like i'm on here blasting him left and right, and petitioning for anderson to start.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ahh this is what you PMed me about.

Norv Turner is one of the best QB molders in the NFL. He is also an incredible playcaller offensively. Chud was his student, while he was at San Diego. This is I was so down when we didn't get him as an OC

True dat....we had a poor man's version of Norv's O....Clev got Norv

Posted

This thread has made my damn head hurt. I don't give a damn if the completion % is 20% as long as we win.