Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winning

92 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

for the love of Karl Hankton maybe I need to do a pre season tutorial with MS Paint....

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Everyone keeps using the excuse "this is preseason", well - this is preseason for every team in the NFL. No winning in preseason is not a must have, however playing well is. Granted, the second preseason game is more about evaluating talent, but you can evaluate the same talent while you win. We looked like crap agianst Philly. Cam didn't look good at all, eventhough he had no protection most of the plays. The plays that he did have time, he was inaccurate with his throws. Preseason games are not must wins, they are what they are...glorified practices that we like to win and show consistant improvement. I don't like seeing my starting QB overthrow open WR's. You play like you practice!

I don't recall Cam ever being spectacular in the preseason, he has always been a gamer. Kuechly hasn't looked good in the preseason either, there is no review of film of the other team, no game-planning, no scouting. Relax.

Posted · Report post

The Jets won a preseason game 37-13 and they still couldn't win the SEC this year.

Posted · Report post

presason drama queen threads are always entertaining.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't recall Cam ever being spectacular in the preseason, he has always been a gamer. Kuechly hasn't looked good in the preseason either, there is no review of film of the other team, no game-planning, no scouting. Relax.

You don't see a issue with Cam ever being spectacular in preseason. He's the starting QB, if he can't hit open WR in a preseason game, there is a problem. Kuechly has looked good to me and has been all over the field as usual. And if you think that no one is reviewing film of the other team and not game planning at all, then you are dead wrong. No coach plays to lose anything especially something what he coaches. You play to win the game, every game. No, preseason is not treated like a regular game, but starting o-linemen should not be getting beat routinely. Starting QB's should not be overthowing open WR and struggling to complete 60 % of his plasses. Our defense should not be making opposing QB's look like they're not in preseason. This is everyones preseason.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Win, that should be a god damn banner.

Posted · Report post

Haven't we already won a preseason game for fug's sake!?!?

WTF?

Posted · Report post

You don't see a issue with Cam ever being spectacular in preseason. He's the starting QB, if he can't hit open WR in a preseason game, there is a problem. Kuechly has looked good to me and has been all over the field as usual. And if you think that no one is reviewing film of the other team and not game planning at all, then you are dead wrong. No coach plays to lose anything especially something what he coaches. You play to win the game, every game. No, preseason is not treated like a regular game, but starting o-linemen should not be getting beat routinely. Starting QB's should not be overthowing open WR and struggling to complete 60 % of his plasses. Our defense should not be making opposing QB's look like they're not in preseason. This is everyones preseason.

Coaches have admitted they don't game plan for preseason games.

Another melodramatic response from a huddler who over analyzes every single thing. We already know what Cam can do, and he makes plays. That's what he does, I've never heard a person not be considered great because he played short of spectacular in the preseason. Get a fucking clue, I don't have the time nor enough crayons to explain it to you.

Your estrogen levels are too high.

Posted · Report post

bologna sandwiches 

Posted · Report post

bologna sandwiches

Only if fried bologna.

This thread is now about fried or grilled sammiches
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Again let me state I don't give a fuck what the final score is. I would like for our offense to be able to keep drives going. I would like to see them score points. They've admitted that they're trying to score so the fact that they haven't is concerning. This is straight from the horses mouth.

“We’re trying to score, we’re trying to move the ball. We’re not installing a fake offense that we only run in the preseason,” veteran left tackle Jordan Gross said. “You have certain goals that the coaches want to accomplish each week and different plays you want to feature. You’re still disappointed when you lose, especially when you don’t score touchdowns.”

“We kicked two field goals, but I want touchdowns,” Rivera said, via the Charlotte Observer. “When you play a fast-strike offense and you play a team that can get the ball into the end zone in a hurry, you have to score touchdowns. Field goals are not enough. And that’s the disappointment.”

New offensive coordinator new qb coach it's not just going to click once the season starts. I'm not looking for wins I'm looking for productivity. I'm looking for lanes for Deangelo and time for Cam and when he gets the time I'd like to see him make the right read.

I don't care about the final score just want to see an offense that's capable. Not too concerned about the defense I believe they will be fine.

Posted · Report post

I got my wife a sammich press for Xmas. Discuss