Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting tidbit on Beason's restructure...FA at end of the Season?

120 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Foxy might go after him.

Posted · Report post

i think he wants to play mike if he gets back to form. he would more than likely sign with another team if he does.

i wouldn't blame him for it and i wouldn't have a problem with it either. he's a class act and we'd still be good there without him.

i mean we'd be better with him but still fine without.

Posted · Report post

i wouldn't blame him for it and i wouldn't have a problem with it either. he's a class act and we'd still be good there without him.

i mean we'd be better with him but still fine without.

i wouldn't either when healthy he is one of the best. His mindset is made for the mike position. I'd wish him the best

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

When his contract voids, we'll be left with $8M in dead money.. probably a good reason why Gettlemagic isn't spending that $13M.

$2.8M dead for Anderson, $8M dead for Beason, $5.6M dead for Gross. That's $16.4M in dead money for next year's cap space. I don't blame him for not spending 

Posted · Report post

plus extensions we have to sign.

god it's going to be a rough couple of years cap wise.

Posted · Report post

As sad as it would make me to see Beason leave, it was a good business move by Gettleman. We have Kuechly (who some believe is already the best Mike LB), Klein (has appeared more than serviceable thus far), and Davis. Furthermore, Beason is far too classy to throw a tantrum, whine and demand trades. Jon is aware of the circumstances and will test the market (if he has a big year).

Posted · Report post

Foxy might go after him.

denver would certainly be in the market

Posted · Report post

When his contract voids, we'll be left with $8M in dead money.. probably a good reason why Gettlemagic isn't spending that $13M.

$2.8M dead for Anderson, $8M dead for Beason, $5.6M dead for Gross. That's $16.4M in dead money for next year's cap space. I don't blame him for not spending 

i think that should answer people questioning why we havent brought in any decent free agents that would demand more than a one year deal

Posted · Report post

If Beason plays well then we will pay him what he is worth for a SAM  backer not a pro-bowl middle linebacker.  No matter what we pay, it won't approach the money we owed him under the Hurney contract.  With the cap flat and tons of free agents available it is going to be hard for guys to break the bank anymore in 2014.  This is a huge Albatross from around our neck.

I hope he plays great and we pay a good wage.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If those numbers are correct we can still spread Beason and Gross over 2 years if they are Jun 1st cuts making it closer to 6.8 million next year. 

Posted · Report post

wow.

i wonder if he won't be traded beforehand if he starts well this season so we can get something for him.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Pat Y has looked at the contract and never said this.