#1 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,370 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

Year 6 of a fantasy fb work league and this is looking like the first year for keepers. 

It's usually the same 8-9 people each year in a 10 team league. However, two people dropped out this year and we have 8 teams from last year and 2 new owners this year completing the 10 team league. 

Someone plz explain to me how to do the draft if we do 2 keepers per team. 

We were thinking the following scenarios:

1. Allow the two new owners to select 2 players from the 2 rosters of the teams not participating this year, then drawing names out of hat for a snake draft order.

2. Letting the two new owners pick any two players from the available pool then drawing names for a snake order draft

3. If they don't want any of the players, the two will flip a coin for either the 1/2 picks in the draft order? with a snake order? 

someone has to have some experience on this and input is appreciated and will be rewarded with a cyber bro fist 

our draft is Sunday night 6:30 pm

#2 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,654 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

IMO the best way to handle it (if there are new players) is that anyone keeping a dynasty player forfeits a top draft pick.  And in our league we don't require teams to keep players.  Think of it as a supplemental draft.  If your two top players last year were Cam and Alfred, you may want to keep Alfred and put Cam back in the pool.  But in doing so you forfeit your first pick.  Can you do better than Cam in round 2?  

So, once the draft rotation is set the LM just selects that protected player for the team and next team up drafts.

The best "pure"  way is to keep the same owners and force each team to keep 2-3 players but that is why I don't like keeper leagues.  Too much luck involved one way or the other.  And if you get screwed with an injury you are screwed for multiple seasons.

#3 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,370 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

IMO the best way to handle it (if there are new players) is that anyone keeping a dynasty player forfeits a top draft pick.  And in our league we don't require teams to keep players.  Think of it as a supplemental draft.  If your two top players last year were Cam and Alfred, you may want to keep Alfred and put Cam back in the pool.  But in doing so you forfeit your first pick.  Can you do better than Cam in round 2?  

So, once the draft rotation is set the LM just selects that protected player for the team and next team up drafts.

The best "pure"  way is to keep the same owners and force each team to keep 2-3 players but that is why I don't like keeper leagues.  Too much luck involved one way or the other.  And if you get screwed with an injury you are screwed for multiple seasons.

thx.

tell me what you think about this...

allowing the two new members to pick 2 players each from the available pool, THEN drawing names out of the hat to determine drafting order? 

One of the rosters that will be be put back into the pool (this manager dropped out) was a playoff team last year. They had guys like Alfred Morris, Lesean McCoy, Brandon Marshall, etc. There's going to be some good players out there. I had Peyton and Cam last year. I'm keeping Cam so Peyton will be out there as well. I know the roster of the other owner who dropped out had Arian Foster so he'll be available as well. 

#4 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,654 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

thx.

tell me what you think about this...

allowing the two new members to pick 2 players each from the available pool, THEN drawing names out of the hat to determine drafting order? 

One of the rosters that will be be put back into the pool (this manager dropped out) was a playoff team last year. They had guys like Alfred Morris, Lesean McCoy, Brandon Marshall, etc. There's going to be some good players out there. I had Peyton and Cam last year. I'm keeping Cam so Peyton will be out there as well. I know the roster of the other owner who dropped out had Arian Foster so he'll be available as well. 

to be honest, in this scenario I don't think that is fair to the original owners.  A guy drafted in the first last year could easily be a 2nd rounder this year yet that owner is forced to keep him while the new guys not only get to draft with current info, they get to pick before the draft?  I would vote no as an original owner.

This is just my opinion but once you have any significant turnover (2+ teams) in a keeper league I still think that the fairest way to handle it is allow the existing owners to either keep or not keep whatever number of keepers you had in the league but lose one draft pick per keeper.    And set the new draft order BEFORE that decision deadline is made so that the owners can truly research the value of the players they have versus the players they could possibly get.

The goal of any keeper league should be zero turnover.  If your league forced 5+ keepers it would be a different story and I would understand giving the new owners some leeway but with only 2 keepers I just think it is best to start out as evenly as possible and focus on getting solid, returning owners so that you can gradually increase the number of keepers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.