Photo
- - - - -

Saint's release former number 2 pick Jason Smith..

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

I had so little interest in that draft thanks to Hurney I have no clue who most of those guys are (I'm exaggerating but only slightly)
 I've never even heard of the guy heading this thread who was apparently the number two overall pick.

I came in here thinking I was gonna get a thread about some second rounder from 2006 or something.

#32 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

What proof could you have he's worse than bell an undrafted free agent who only starts because he has no competition? 

What proof?  What about the proof that I saw him play for the Rams and he was absolutely terrible?

Even if you want to go with your logic that he isn't worse (and he is), how does replacing suck with suck help us?  Please explain it to me.  

Him having starting experience is irrelevant if he is a horrible player and come on.  Dude was a #2 overall pick who has been cut by or traded from 3 separate teams now.  So it isn't like we are dealing with someone who had one run on a team and still might have potential.  Everyone knows what they have in him - a crappy player.  Bringing him in does nothing for us. 

#33 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

A guy who was once considered good enough for the second overall pick is going to get a lot of chances.

Don't know if one will come from us though.

#34 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,966 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

What proof? What about the proof that I saw him play for the Rams and he was absolutely terrible?

Even if you want to go with your logic that he isn't worse (and he is), how does replacing suck with suck help us? Please explain it to me.

Him having starting experience is irrelevant if he is a horrible player and come on. Dude was a #2 overall pick who has been cut by or traded from 3 separate teams now. So it isn't like we are dealing with someone who had one run on a team and still might have potential. Everyone knows what they have in him - a crappy player. Bringing him in does nothing for us.

Basically the fact that he was the number 2 pick tells me that he atleast had some value and viewed as a franchise player. Out side of gross and ryan no one else on our line can say that. I'm not saying replace anybody, I'm saying let him come in and compete. It. If your going to be digging through the trash, I would rather take the thrown away wendys sandwich over the thrown away inmate special. Bringing In the guy at the vet min for a look couldn't hurt. Look how long it took robert gallery to turn his career around.

#35 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,966 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

A guy who was once considered good enough for the second overall pick is going to get a lot of chances.

Don't know if one will come from us though.

This

#36 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

I don't know if it ties into his ineptness, but he's had multiple concussions. It's certainly a reason to avoid picking him up.

#37 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

Basically the fact that he was the number 2 pick tells me that he atleast had some value and viewed as a franchise player. 

No it doesn't.  It just means he was a terrible pick and teams realize that and immediately give up on him.

Signing him for vet minimum doesn't hurt... but explain to me how it helps.  It is adding suck to suck.  It resolves nothing.  

And Gallery wasn't bounced from team to team.

#38 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,966 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

No it doesn't.  It just means he was a terrible pick and teams realize that and immediately give up on him.

Signing him for vet minimum doesn't hurt... but explain to me how it helps.  It is adding suck to suck.  It resolves nothing.  

And Gallery wasn't bounced from team to team.

He must not be as bad as you think because the jets resigned him....

#39 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

He must not be as bad as you think because the jets resigned him....

How does him getting re-signed mean he doesn't suck (considering the Jets offensive line sucks anyway)?  We re-signed Derek Anderson.  Does he not suck either?

You make no sense at all and still refuse to answer my question.  Please tell me what exactly signing Jason Smith accomplishes for us.  He isn't going to start.  If he did, he wouldn't do well at all.  

It is like having Jimmy Clausen starting at QB and then begging for our front office to sign, say, Trent Edwards.  Sure, Clausen sucks, but so does Edwards.  We aren't really accomplishing much.

#40 Killa Cam 69

Killa Cam 69

King of the Hill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

Can he play guard?

#41 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

Being reported that the Jets are giving him another shot.

#42 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

Great idea! Lets also bring in Jamarcus Russell while we're at it!

#43 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,966 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

Great idea! Lets also bring in Jamarcus Russell while we're at it!

That might also be an upgrade at the backup qb position. Gotta be better than jimmy right? Him in a vertical offense might be pretty good.

#44 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,966 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

How does him getting re-signed mean he doesn't suck (considering the Jets offensive line sucks anyway)? We re-signed Derek Anderson. Does he not suck either?
You make no sense at all and still refuse to answer my question. Please tell me what exactly signing Jason Smith accomplishes for us. He isn't going to start. If he did, he wouldn't do well at all.

It is like having Jimmy Clausen starting at QB and then begging for our front office to sign, say, Trent Edwards. Sure, Clausen sucks, but so does Edwards. We aren't really accomplishing much.

My point was the jets resigned him after knowing whatever suckage you speak of. Someone must like something or see something in him. Having a talent that was once a number 2 overall pick come in a compete can't possibly be as bad as your making it out to be. So what he's not a superstar he's 27. After watching bell and co get beat like a drum how many options do we have anyway? Having him on the team to compete and maybe finally get it for a low price? There is no negative. If he sucks well there's the door... you act like he's a cancer and he might contaminate an already dreadful offensive line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.