Photo
- - - - -

Think about what you eat and what you're contributing to. *Warning: Disturbing Content*

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,538 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

W

FWIW the pig farm industry isn't nearly as bad as it was in that vide now.

It's not much, but the pigs that went through my parents farm were treated very well.

Sow farms, were you saw all the clipping and sows unable to move have had some significant changes.

I wish free range was viable, but there are just to many mouths to feed.

The fact is that livestock agriculture is very inefficient in regards to land-use. If we are going to continue to feed the planet, we need to move away from animal proteins, as a primary source, collectively. 

#17 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,055 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

nothing was more beautiful than driving around in ireland observing all the livestock grazing green meadows and knowing thats what you'll be eating.

#18 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,657 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

eat local meat and veggies instead of franken food and you will be fine.

#19 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

I think we need to invest in food technology and move away from animal sources. Lab meat, artificial complete proteins, etc.

#20 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

I think we need to invest in food technology and move away from animal sources. Lab meat, artificial complete proteins, etc.

I'm not sure if you were joking but I agree

#21 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,862 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

Obligatory Ron Swanson gif. I need some steak now. 

ron-scared.gif

#22 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,494 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

I say cannibalism is a better choice than veganism. It takes care of multiple problems at once.

#23 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

The Dirt: Roundup, the most widely used herbicide in the country, is sprayed on everything from cotton to canola, lawns to golf courses. So it stands to reason that the stuff winds up in our air and water. But when you're eating "Roundup Ready" food, as in, food that's been genetically modified to withstand all those Roundup applications, you're eating it too, according to plant pathologist Don Huber, PhD, professor emeritus at Purdue University. That's problematic because scientists are learning that Roundup affects defensive enzymes our bodies use to keep us healthy. Roundup also reduces a plant's ability to take up vital micronutrients that humans require for survival.

Better Alternative: Corn, soy, and canola are common crops that have been genetically engineered to withstand heavy dousings of Roundup (or other glyphosate-containing chemicals), and foods containing these ingredients tend to contain higher levels of Roundup than other crops do. To avoid genetically engineered (GE) foods and Roundup in your food, buy organic.

Top 10 Reasons to Go Organic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.