Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Draft Positions of Need.

111 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

First 3 rounds.  LT,RT,G

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I bet my left ball that Matthews and Lewan would've went ahead of Johnson. Matthews was probably the better OT at A&M last season too. Johnson was a projected 2nd rounder "until" Matthews and Lewan decided to return back to college. Other wise he would've been a late 1st.

He was a mid to late first when he came out, and wen he killed the Senior Bowl and Combine it shot him up the draft board.  I'll agree Matthews is better then Joeckel, but Johnson's upside is unreal.  Johnson would have gone ahead of Matthews just for the fact that he's played LT at a high level in College already....

Posted · Report post

He was a mid to late first when he came out, and wen he killed the Senior Bowl and Combine it shot him up the draft board. I'll agree Matthews is better then Joeckel, but Johnson's upside is unreal. Johnson would have gone ahead of Matthews just for the fact that he's played LT at a high level in College already....

I'm not taking anything from Lane but IMO Lane wouldn't have been the no.4 pick if Matthews and/or Lewan had entered.

Posted · Report post

First 3 rounds. LT,RT,G

I could live with that.

Posted · Report post

I'm in no way worried about DE if Hardy leaves. I believe that DE is a position of "the next man up". You can take a guy in the lower rounds and groom him into the starting role. Which we have done with Frank Alexander. Unless we're in position to take Clowney, ill wait till the 3rd, 4th, or add a FA DE.

I've been against taking an OT for the last two drafts. This is the time to add one. Not last year, not the year before that, but now.

Posted · Report post

Cyril Richardson, OG Baylor #68

http://youtu.be/HrKoaXkfkdk

Gabe Jackson, OG Miss. St. #61

http://youtu.be/ZggznmB-AUQ

Posted · Report post

Hasn't Rivera said that he doesn't like spending high picks on CBs because they don't know proper technique coming out of college?

I think that double dipping at OT could be possible. James Hurst (UNC) and Jawuan James (Tennessee) could be two possibilities. I also would not be surprised to see Rivera take an LB as well as a FS. Tre Johnson out of UNC is another interesting prospect at FS.

Then there's the issue at WR.

Posted · Report post

Hasn't Rivera said that he doesn't like spending high picks on CBs because they don't know proper technique coming out of college?

I think that double dipping at OT could be possible. James Hurst (UNC) and Jawuan James (Tennessee) could be two possibilities. I also would not be surprised to see Rivera take an LB as well as a FS. Tre Johnson out of UNC is another interesting prospect at FS.

When did Rivera say that? And who know if Chico will even be here next year having input on who to take.

Posted · Report post

There is no Tre Johnson at UNC.

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't be shocked if Gettleman ignores CB and OL till round 2 and goes with a WR prospect. 

Especially if we are picking before 15.

If we pick later 15 I think he would be more apt to go after a LT prospect.

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't be shocked if Gettleman ignores CB and OL till round 2 and goes with a WR prospect.
Especially if we are picking before 15.

If we pick later 15 I think he would be more apt to go after a LT prospect.

I can see that. Just assuming Gman sticks to the NYG philosophy it certainly make sense. OL have been a position acquired mostly through FA for the Giants. As much as I would love to get a hand on an OT/OG, I could settle for a veteran OL and let's say Sammy Watkins.

Posted · Report post

This is just me, but I would absolutely love to trade up for Marqise Lee. I don't care if that cost us a 2nd and future 1st. If he lives to the hype, it's a win for us. I gladly come out of the draft with Marqise alone. It's time to find 89 replacement now.

Though, I'm not sure if Lee would compliment Cam as well as Sammy Watkins. Watkins seem more athletically gifted to where we can use him in more dynamic ways: coming off screens, reverses, and with the read option. Lee is better off being with a Rodgers, Brady, Ryan kind of QB.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments