Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hardy wants to get paid.

161 posts in this topic

Posted

Zod can I be Huddle janitor?

Posted

sorry. i call it how i see it when talking about getting rid of a once in a lifetime kind of qb.

I am not emotionally attached to any player on the Panthers team, well, except for 89 a bit.

I am an accountant by degree. I look at things a bit more business like, thus all the threads over the last few years about not spending on multiple running backs.

No doubt Cam has physical abilities. At the end of the 5 years however, I would judge him not on hype or potential, but on results. Same with any player.

I hope Gettleman runs the team with less emotion and take a results oriented approach to not only RB's but DE's and yes, the QB.

I do not care how much potential a guy has, if we can't get past .500, then move on. AND as dumb as I am, I am not making the "move on" determination just yet. But only mentioning it when folks are already setting aside millions for Cams next contract. I would take the square wheels approach there.

1 person likes this

Posted

stop with the personal attacks. i just woke up god.

Keep it up, by all means.

Posted

I hate to say it, but the way Hardy played last season, I saw him getting paid somewhere that isn't here. 

Also stirs. 

Pull_Up_Your_Big_Girl_Panties_by_1purple

Posted

By the way

not offended by someone calling me dumb, hey, the tbox is a minefield and I venture there quite often.

No offense taken Rum

1 person likes this

Posted

I am not emotionally attached to any player on the Panthers team, well, except for 89 a bit.

I am an accountant by degree. I look at things a bit more business like, thus all the threads over the last few years about not spending on multiple running backs.

No doubt Cam has physical abilities. At the end of the 5 years however, I would judge him not on hype or potential, but on results. Same with any player.

I hope Gettleman runs the team with less emotion and take a results oriented approach to not only RB's but DE's and yes, the QB.

I do not care how much potential a guy has, if we can't get past .500, then move on. AND as dumb as I am, I am not making the "move on" determination just yet. But only mentioning it when folks are already setting aside millions for Cams next contract. I would take the square wheels approach there.

i don't judge him because i am emotionally attached.

i judge him by the fact he is close to a career 60% completion player, and our o-line has been abysmal for him the past two years. you fix the o-line first then give him more weapons. and see what he can do. you don't toss a player of his caliber without giving him the proper tools to succeed. we haven't so far.

that is changing next year.

Posted

Keep it up, by all means.

well next time i get "personally attacked" ill be sure to let you know. since it seems to happen every other day.

but calling somebody dumb is the tamest i've heard on here. but whatever dude.

Posted

I get what stirs is saying.

I don't think it is likely that Cam is not signed long-term.  But, if he is still having the "same" accuracy issues and the team is not winning two years from now, Gettleman WILL have to decide if he is the answer.

1 person likes this

Posted

well next time i get "personally attacked" ill be sure to let you know. since it seems to happen every other day.

but calling somebody dumb is the tamest i've heard on here. but whatever dude.

Feel free to report it and one of our new mods can act on it.

Posted

I get what stirs is saying.

I don't think it is likely that Cam is not signed long-term.  But, if he is still having the "same" accuracy issues and the team is not winning two years from now, Gettleman WILL have to decide if he is the answer.

Bingo.

If Gettleman thinks we can win a Superbowl with an amazing defense and game manager QB, that is his call. Its been done before. Paying Cam a record breaking contract and not being able to then afford a good defense or even any offensive weapons around him may not be enticing to Gettleman.

2 people like this

Posted

Bingo.

If Gettleman thinks we can win a Superbowl with an amazing defense and game manager QB, that is his call. Its been done before. Paying Cam a record breaking contract and not being able to then afford a good defense or even any offensive weapons around him may not be enticing to Gettleman.

he won't get paid a record-breaking contract if he has accuracy issues and isn't playing to his full potential. that is the whole point.

1 person likes this

Posted

Our start to the season is really going to impact Hardy especially IMO.  If we start slow/start losing hope, I could see him being shopped (if Gettlemen believes we will have to part ways).

I think it was Kurb who mentioned once a contract that could be back-loaded where his big money hits as CJ's starts to ease up on the cap, and we could part ways with Johnson if need be. If possible, that situation could be ideal. Gettlemen will definitely need to work some magic in the upcoming years.