Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Cam and his accuracy issues.

Best Answer teeray, 25 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

Also will add that Cam is very accurate, even with pressure when he steps up in the pocket. The Ravens did a good job of getting interior push which at times forces Cam to throw flat footed or off his back foot. All QBs will struggle with accuracy when that happens.

As a matter of fact Cam is so strong he can get away with doing that more than most other QBs in the league.

The two things I really would like to see Cam improve on is making quicker decisions and sliding left or right inside the pocket. Both of those things will come as he gets more experience.

People should also realize that even though this will be his third season he is still a little green. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#46 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:21 AM

I really believe this has a big deal to why we don't see Cam throw the slant or an easy fade route in the endzone to 89.

The slant and fade route were two deadliest route we used to ran with 89 when Jake was here. I'm smh why we can't do this now.

Hmm What did Jake have that Cam didn't have?

Consistency?  lol. Nope.

Better downfield accuracy? Nope

Better offensive line?  Yep

Something that rhymes with a "running game" that made people actually respect the play action pass?.......Yep

#47 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

Don't worry guys school starts back on Monday and bedtimes will return

#48 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:25 AM

Hmm What did Jake have that Cam didn't have?

Consistency?  lol. Nope.

Better downfield accuracy? Nope

Better offensive line?  Yep

Something that rhymes with a "running game" that made people actually respect the play action pass?.......Yep

I got an even better one!!! Did he have more than one receiver???   YES!

#49 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,098 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

Come on dude....Cam throws a pick on national television people start shining up their pitchforks. He pretty much has to prove himself over and over again every time he steps on the filed no matter how good or bad his last games was. He gets no breathing room ever on a team that cant run the ball or block for him.

Chuck has been behaving like an irrational lunatic since the first preseason game.

#50 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

no.

Yes

#51 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:31 AM

Breaking news!

A recent study by NFL experts has found that the best QBs in the league actually miss on 35% to 40% of their passes. The reason for this inconsistency has not yet been identified, but further analysis is forthcoming.

Watch this space for further updates.

#52 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:32 AM

Chuck has been behaving like an irrational lunatic since the first preseason game.

Dude your one to talk. It's never cams fault. And no of course u didn't say that. U just imply it heavily, very often.

#53 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,588 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

to be quite honest i see him 'holding back' esp in preseason(thats to be expected), also and more importantly in reg season games.  

still processing type thing/coaches in his ear.  imo rightfully so, cause ron and company sure havnt figured it out.          

#54 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,878 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

James Dator had a great article on Cams passing and why NOT to be concerned. It made sense to me.

Mind posting a link? I would like to read what his analysis is.

#55 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,098 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

Dude your one to talk. It's never cams fault. And no of course u didn't say that. U just imply it heavily, very often.

Why are you even here?

"There goes that Carolina Huddle again, talking about their franchise quarterback. That guy sucks!"

#56 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

Breaking news!

A recent study by NFL experts has found that the best QBs in the league actually miss on 35% to 40% of their passes. The reason for this inconsistency has not yet been identified, but further analysis is forthcoming.

Watch this space for further updates.

I would agree. A good portion of the time stats don't begin to show the truth. Cam can make perfect passes and the receiver drops them and his percentage go down. But when u flail a ball and its 10 yards away from a receiver... That my friends is accuracy issues. Sometimes cam lay it in the receivers laps. Then he can't even throw in the same time zone as them. He's the worst screen passer I've ever seen. But makes good passes deep. It just baffles me. He's gotta improve as an overall quarterback and not a rusher.

#57 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,098 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

Cat Scratch Reader's website isn't working.

#58 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,316 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

http://www.cbssports...pre?&_1:col_1=9

Your 2013 preseason passing leader is Tavaris Jackson. If I have to explain the absurdity of this thread than a lot of people are wasting oxygen.

#59 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:39 AM

Why are you even here?

"There goes that Carolina Huddle again, talking about their franchise quarterback. That guy sucks!"

Why are u even here. I'm a panther fan. Not a cam nut hugger. I love cam but he has issues. Just like anyone else. But to blindly say the man is flawless is stupid sir.

#60 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,098 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

Why are u even here. I'm a panther fan. Not a cam nut hugger. I love cam but he has issues. Just like anyone else. But to blindly say the man is flawless is stupid sir.

I've been here for years. Where have you been? All I've seen you do is scream and yell about how persecuted you are here for your "opinion", and go on illogical rants about what other fans here think about our quarterback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com