Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

my gut tells me a trade is in the works

#33 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,498 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

you rotate kug in while he learns to take the skates off his feet.

i don't like starting rookies on the OL, regardless of what division they played in college or where they were drafted. bring them along slowly. throwing them in the fire might be good for their development, but it could effect the team in a really bad way.

bring kug along slowly this year. use him situationally when he's healthy again (rushing downs) and then go from there.

that's what i'd do, anyway.

you're a fuging cynic..  I think he could start day 1.

#34 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

my gut tells me a trade is in the works

As long as we get a new starter at RT

#35 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,302 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

Gross - Wharton - Kalil - Amini - Bell

I honestly think that could work.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

you're a fuging cynic..  I think he could start day 1.

i think he could. i just don't think it would be pretty.

i've never been a fan of rookie OLs starting, esp. for us since we've had to deal with it so much in the past few years. i think it is a necessary evil but i'm ready for experienced guys on the line who are used to working with each other. i don't like the growing pains involved.

i'm one of the few guys that like kugbilla's potential and have from the beginning (although i still wish we would have used that pick elsewhere...esp. on patton) but rookie OL play like they are on roller skates and they make a lot of mental mistakes bringing about penalties and negative yardage moreso than others on the line.

#37 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,394 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

I think a pairing of Amini and Bell....is something RR is too smart to attempt. Cam would get killed

#38 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

Mark my words,Kug won't help this line much if at all this year. Next week we will see who else they can bring in to try and put together a serviceable oline this season. The big T helps, the right side needs the help bad.I wouldn't mess with the left side and start a whole new learning curve for Amini. Don't fix what isn't totally F##### up, fix what is.

#39 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

Amini and bell on the same side is frightening, just be blown pass pro every other play

#40 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,302 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

Amini and bell on the same side is frightening, just be blown pass pro every other play

Amini would be better at RG at the moment, me thinks. Wharton had good chemistry with Kalil and Gross. It's worth experimenting on. Cam is getting killed now anyways.

#41 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

I would put Wharton on the right side before I moved Amini.  It seems he is just learning the left side.  Putting him on the right side would make him have to start all over again.  Wharton is a vet who could play multiple places.

#42 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,821 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

I think I would toy with Wharton and bell and leave Gross and Amini alone. The left side of our line is not the problem at the moment.

#43 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,536 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

if silatolu hadn't tweaked a hammy i'd be all for running some plays with him at RG to see how gross/wharton look, but it seems we no longer have that luxury.

this doesn't exclude the possibility of making a switch a few games down the road into the season, however. if we're able to find a solid right tackle that can play better than bell and wharton is notably better at LG next to gross then i think the staff would be willing to experiment with a shift.

#44 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

if silatolu hadn't tweaked a hammy i'd be all for running some plays with him at RG to see how gross/wharton look, but it seems we no longer have that luxury.

this doesn't exclude the possibility of making a switch a few games down the road into the season, however. if we're able to find a solid right tackle that can play better than bell and wharton is notably better at LG next to gross then i think the staff would be willing to experiment with a shift.

this kind of thing always makes me nervous on the OL. too much tinkering typically goes on midseason for my liking. unfortunately it's been kind of necessary b/c we haven't addressed the OL well enough in the offseasons.

#45 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,536 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

this kind of thing always makes me nervous on the OL. too much tinkering typically goes on midseason for my liking. unfortunately it's been kind of necessary b/c we haven't addressed the OL well enough in the offseasons.

it would definitely have to be the type of thing where they have a few trial runs in practice during the week to see if there's a noticeable overall upgrade in performance before trying to install it. you hate to kill chemistry, even if it's between mediocre players, unless there's some serious advantage to gain from it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com