Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MeowMeowMeooow

Panthers could be "Trap" Team this Season

17 posts in this topic

After hearing Seahawk fan aren't even paying us attention on Week 1, and looking at their Week 2 game against the 49ers. My first thought was this could work to our advantage (If the team is doing the same).

After looking through the schedule, I noticed we have the potential to be in a lot of "trap games" this season. These types of games have got us a few times over the years, just look at the KC game last season. 

So here's the run-down of who our opponents have the week AFTER the Panthers:

Seahawks: 49ers- Huge divisional game as home opener.

Bills: Jets- Another division game. I'm not too worried about the Bills but if they are looking at week 3, we may slaughter them.

Giants: Chiefs- This one isn't a big game at all. But maybe they will be looking past both teams for their Week 5 game against the Eagles.

Cardinals: 49ers- Huge division game. They will probably be more worried about the 49ers than us this early.

Vikings: Giants- This is a big game on MNF. Depending on both teams records, this could push someone to the top of their division.

Rams: Seahawks- YET ANOTHER NFCW divisional game. That division might be a race for the top at this point, Rams might be looking to stop the Seahawks climb. Also a MNF game.

49ers: Saints- This will probably be billed early as a preview for the NFC Championship Game. 

Patriots: Broncos- The hate between Brady/Manning might be flowing early. Could we take advantage of Tom's unfocused play? Sunday Night Game.

Dolphins: Jets- Divisional game. Doubt either will be in the running for the playoffs but they may still put up a fight against each other to put them in the basement.

The rest are NFCS games (and the Jets, who might be playing for #1 Pick by that time) so they will be focused on us. BUT, if the past is any indication, we could turn it on late again and run the table on our division. 

2 people like this

I don't want the panthers to be known as a"trap"team.That means we are sucking hind teet again and every team expects to beat us cause we are crap.I want a team that other teams don't want to play because we are stoud and winning.

4 people like this

How can we be a trap team when we start off 5-0?

4 people like this

if we win trap games we won't be a trap team for more than like three weeks

Seahawks fans is just talk and talk is cheap, the Seahawks team knows they were lucky to get away with one, and that's the truth of the matter.

They could be good.

Or they could be really bad.

My guess is they are mediocre and we have a new coach next year.

1 person likes this

NFL= James Woods...

They could be good.

Or they could be really bad.

My guess is they are mediocre and we have a new coach next year.

All starts up front....and our GM isn't doing much to help us compete against teams that field a real defensive front.

Bye Rivera. Only hope Rivera has is if Cam really does rip his shirt open and becomes Superman in year 3.

Cam's back has to be sore though after 2 years of trying to carry this offense though...

• Topics

• http://www.alternet.org/grayzone-project/fbi-isis-garland-texas-shooting-undercover-agent The first attack on U.S. soil for which ISIS claimed responsibility—a 2015 shooting in Garland, Texas—was instigated by the FBI, according to an investigation by CBS' "60 Minutes" and government documents obtained by an attorney involved in the case. In a macabre twist, an undercover FBI agent who encouraged one of the shooters to "tear up Texas" was also physically present at the scene of the crime, mere feet away from the shooters. Prior to that, a separate informant was paid $132,000 by the FBI to pretend for three years to be friends with the future shooter. When the man found out his supposed friend had taped more than 1,500 hours of their conversations on behalf of the intelligence agency, he withdrew from his religious community and eventually fell into online religious extremism. ...... On May 3, 2015, two Islamist extremist gunmen opened fire at an exhibit for cartoons of the Islamic prophet Muhammad in Garland, Texas. The contest featured key figures in the Islamophobia industry, including anti-Muslim demagogue Pamela Geller and extreme-right Dutch politician Geert Wilders. The intentionally provocative exhibit was swarming with security, including dozens of police officers, snipers and a SWAT team. The heavily armed attackers injured a security guard outside the building before they were themselves promptly shot by snipers and killed. ISIS soon after took credit for the shooting. There is no evidence that ISIS organized the attack, but the shooters had been independently radicalized and were inspired by the genocidal extremist group. In the two years since, the Garland shooting has been used to justify a vast array of anti-Muslim policies and measures. A new investigation by the investigation team at "60 Minutes," nevertheless, shows that the FBI was deeply implicated in the attack. ..... After the trial, Maynard was given 60 pages of declassified messages between an undercover FBI agent and one of the shooters, Elton Simpson. These documents showed that, less than three weeks before the attack, the FBI agent had told Simpson to "Tear up Texas." This "to me was an encouragement to Simpson," the attorney told "60 Minutes." The government denied that the text constituted incitement, but the FBI's involvement did not end there. "60 Minutes" reported that the U.S. government admitted in an affidavit that the undercover FBI agent also physically "traveled to Garland, Texas, and was present ... at the event." "I was shocked," Maynard told the news program. "I was shocked that the government hadn't turned this over. I wanted to know when did he get there, why was he there?" Documents the government gave to the attorney showed that the FBI agent had in fact been in a car behind the two shooters at the time of the attack. The undercover FBI agent even used his cell phone, several feet away, to film the building's security guard seconds before he was shot by the Islamist extremists. "It's stunning," Maynard told "60 Minutes." "The idea that he's right there 30 seconds before the attack happens is just incredible to me." ..... The undercover FBI agent fled the scene of the crime before being stopped at gunpoint and detained by Garland police. ..... Dabla Deng, the informant, pretended to be Simpson's friend for three years, "60 Minutes" reported. Deng taped more than 1,500 hours of their conversations. When Simpson "found out that this guy was spying on him, and taping him and then finding out that the government was doing that, I think something clicked in him," recalled Usama Shami, president of the Islamic Community Center of Phoenix. "And the mosque, we couldn't do anything." "He felt that the mosque had abandoned him?" Anderson Cooper asked. "Yes. And he felt that a lot of people had abandoned him. And that's why he stopped coming to the mosque," Shami said. After this, Simpson moved in with his friend Nadir Soofi, who "60 Minutes" noted "had just had a bitter break-up and the pizza parlor he owned was going out of business." The two alienated men drifted into extremist religious communities online, and were attracted by ISIS recruiters.
    • i actually took this test a year ago because i was talking to this girl who was a psych major and really invested in this test. then i was talking to this other girl who was also a psych major and she thought there wasn't much to it, she basically didn't have respect for it. if i took it today it'd probably line up the same. 
    •    There isn't a problem taking a tackle usually. The problem would be taking any of THESE OTs that high. If there was someone close to that, we would have risked so much on Kalil.