#151 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

Teams can't put players on IR without clearing waivers until the last cut to 53, so Kubgila will be put on IR then andstill counts on the 75 man roster for the moment.

Since players on IR count against the cap, I'm surprised we aren't making injury settlements with some of them. Even at minimum salaries this has got to be in the $2-3 million range. Since most of these injuries could reasonably be negotiated to 1/4 of the season, Gman seems to believe that there is something to continue to develop.

1. We are at 75 when we added kugbilla to IR. he does not count as a spot on the roster.

2. Most rookies have a clause in their contract if they go to IR only half their cap counts.

3. To my understanding a team cannot benefit financially from releasing an injured player like that. I believe even if we gave them an injury settlement it would have to be equal to their cap hit and would count against the cap.

#152 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

Teams can't put players on IR without clearing waivers until the last cut to 53, so Kubgila will be put on IR then andstill counts on the 75 man roster for the moment.

Since players on IR count against the cap, I'm surprised we aren't making injury settlements with some of them. Even at minimum salaries this has got to be in the $2-3 million range. Since most of these injuries could reasonably be negotiated to 1/4 of the season, Gman seems to believe that there is something to continue to develop.

We will have injury settlements with half of these guys by the time the season starts.

#153 sml1950

sml1950

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

1. We are at 75 when we added kugbilla to IR. he does not count as a spot on the roster.

2. Most rookies have a clause in their contract if they go to IR only half their cap counts.

3. To my understanding a team cannot benefit financially from releasing an injured player like that. I believe even if we gave them an injury settlement it would have to be equal to their cap hit and would count against the cap.

http://russellstreet...system-work-2/. Players with less than four years experience must go thru waivers in the offseason if put on IR. Gman is well aware of this since the Giants lost a TE to NE a couple of years ago by exposing him to IR waivers so they wouldn't have to include him on their preseason roster. Kugbila will not formally go on IR until Sat.

#154 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

Reserve/Injured

15 Adams, Joe WR 5-11 185 23 2 Arkansas
73 Campbell, Bruce T 6-6 320 25 4 Maryland
98 Gaydosh, Linden DT 6-3 315 22 R Calgary
99 Kearse, Frank DT 6-5 310 24 3 Alabama A&M
79 Kugbila, Edmund G 6-4 325 22 R Valdosta State
81 Pilares, Kealoha WR 5-10 205 25 3 Hawaii
17 Webb, R.J. WR 6-2 205 26 1 Furman
39 Zordich, Michael FB 6-1 240 23 R Penn State

Don't be surprised if a few of those names wind up being cleared off by injury settlements.

#155 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

Don't be surprised if a few of those names wind up being cleared off by injury settlements.

Right. Campbell and Kearse are FA next year so there's no reason to keep them on IR. Don't know what Webb is still doing on IR.

#156 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

http://russellstreet...system-work-2/. Players with less than four years experience must go thru waivers in the offseason if put on IR. Gman is well aware of this since the Giants lost a TE to NE a couple of years ago by exposing him to IR waivers so they wouldn't have to include him on their preseason roster. Kugbila will not formally go on IR until Sat.

Without even looking at the link I'd be certain that doesn't include drafted players

#157 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,880 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

Well, looks like we're stashing both of them, so it actually appears to be a smart, if not strategic, move.

#158 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

So we have what, 7 or 8 on IR now?

Half our annual allotment :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.