- - - - -

Kugbila to IR

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#121 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Not saying they didn't hit on a great pick but wasn't he thrust into that role due to the starting LT tearing an ACL last week?

yes and no, hes been doing well in TC. giving the defense fits.

here read

http://www.jsonline....-220008911.html

#122 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

Told you so

#123 Frank Hollywood

Frank Hollywood

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationYour mother's basement
HUDDLER

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

Nope instead its up it.. But i didn't expect any logical analysis on your part haha

Cool story bro. Just be sure to revisit this thread in a year if he ends up as a solid contributor and eat your crow. Until then I'll sit Around and have a 22 year old kid "teach me a thing or two about football".

#124 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

if it makes you feel better, Green Bay selected David Bakhtiari right after Kugbila and he is now the starting LT.

If it makes you feel.better Byron Bell wasn't even drafted and he is our starting RT.

Just bc he is a starter somewhere doesnt mean he is A- good B- better than a player we haven't really seen yet.

Sucks but hopefully he gets healthy. Other players seem to think he wants to play and is a hard worker, but can't get this hammy thing under wraps.

I am going to wait to judge this pick for a little while longer before bailing on him.

#125 Seltzer

Seltzer

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLKN
HUDDLER

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

if it makes you feel better, Green Bay selected David Bakhtiari right after Kugbila and he is now the starting LT.

True, but he was thrust into role due to injury, and it remains to be seen how he will face with the likes of Peppers, Allen, etc. coming after him when the real bullets start.

The 4th round is IMO too high to draft someone who can't at least contribute to your team in some way right away, so obviously the pick is disappointing in that aspect.

But there are 2 things to consider: 

1) If the coaching staff decided Kugbila wasn't going to be ready to play this year, then IR was the best thing for the team to not have to waste a spot holding him.  Kugbila hasn't entered Otah status just yet.  If he doesn't play next year, then it was a complete bust of a pick.  It took Silatolu over half a year to produce anything decent last year coming from DII, and he was a 2nd Rounder

2) It looks like Gettleman hit HR's with his picks of Star, Short, and Barner.  This draft will obviously fall short of his stated goal of wanting 3 starters, but Star & Short are both ready to start, and I think Barner is going to be a major contributor, especially with Stewart starting out the year on the PUP list

#126 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

True, but he was thrust into role due to injury, and it remains to be seen how he will face with the likes of Peppers, Allen, etc. coming after him when the real bullets start.

The 4th round is IMO too high to draft someone who can't at least contribute to your team in some way right away, so obviously the pick is disappointing in that aspect.

But there are 2 things to consider: 

1) If the coaching staff decided Kugbila wasn't going to be ready to play this year, then IR was the best thing for the team to not have to waste a spot holding him.  Kugbila hasn't entered Otah status just yet.  If he doesn't play next year, then it was a complete bust of a pick.  It took Silatolu over half a year to produce anything decent last year coming from DII, and he was a 2nd Rounder

2) It looks like Gettleman hit HR's with his picks of Star, Short, and Barner.  This draft will obviously fall short of his stated goal of wanting 3 starters, but Star & Short are both ready to start, and I think Barner is going to be a major contributor, especially with Stewart starting out the year on the PUP list

He's been going against Clay Matthews every day in practice...

#127 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationOn the Water
HUDDLER

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

I wanted Barrett Jones.......

#128 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Um was he projected to be a starter or not? Because Wharton being signed makes his an after thought to be honest.

#129 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• Locationtied to your basement wall
HUDDLER

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

People are crying over a nobody OL? Give me a break

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#130 Seltzer

Seltzer

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLKN
HUDDLER

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

He's been going against Clay Matthews every day in practice...

And Byron Bell goes against Charles Johnson.  Don't know if that is the best metaphor for predicting future success

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users