#181 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,821 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

I liked all the other picks but the Kugbila pick was terrible no matter how you look at it. Even some of the best looking prospects have ended up as busts and who knows how this guy will turn out but the draft is a calculated risk and you don't build championship teams by making these type of moves. Gettleman is still operating with the scouting department that Hurney put together, hopefully he'll have some time to evaluate everyone, bring in better guys where needed and we won't have any of these horribly bad head scratcher type picks in the future.

For anyone defending the pick, I'm hearing the same old tired arguments that people would use to defend Hurney when he would do something idiotic. GMs make dumb moves from time to time, it happens. Nothing wrong with calling it what it is. No reason to blindly defend everything they do.

#182 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,836 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

I liked all the other picks but the Kugbila pick was terrible no matter how you look at it. Even some of the best looking prospects have ended up as busts and who knows how this guy will turn out but the draft is a calculated risk and you don't build championship teams by making these type of moves. Gettleman is still operating with the scouting department that Hurney put together, hopefully he'll have some time to evaluate everyone, bring in better guys where needed and we won't have any of these horribly bad head scratcher type picks in the future.

For anyone defending the pick, I'm hearing the same old tired arguments that people would use to defend Hurney when he would do something idiotic. GMs make dumb moves from time to time, it happens. Nothing wrong with calling it what it is. No reason to blindly defend everything they do.

I don't see anybody blindly defending anybody. The guy hasn't gotten on the field for a preseason game and has been IRed. How is that even remotely a blunder for the GM. How is he suppose to know that this guy would be injured.

We don't know if it is a blunder until we see him on the field. Or he never takes the field for the next 2 years.

#183 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,821 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

I don't see anybody blindly defending anybody.

How is that even remotely a blunder for the GM. How is he suppose to know that this guy would be injured.

I don't see anybody blindly defending anybody.

How is that even remotely a blunder for the GM. How is he suppose to know that this guy would be injured.

#184 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,836 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

you are missing the point entirely.

#185 Raskle

Raskle

Huddle Rogue

• HUDDLER
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

Actually, my thought was that:

1) It's too early to tell if this was a bust or not. Unfortunately, which lends credence to the bust moniker, he's hurt and Ir for the season, so no chance to really know.

2) G-Man had what appears to be an 80% solid draft. I think that's pretty damn successful, considering, like you said, it's a crap shoot on every kid you pick.

*edit for the damn sunglasses smiley... and horrible typos

#186 NCBlu

NCBlu

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

He wasnt going to play much if any at all, so not a big deal if anything its a good thing couse it frees up a spot for a Vet to play. He will learn for a year(which he needs coming from DII) and get better at what it means to play in the NFL.

Just my 2cent

And to all the people saying what ifs, hey we chould have got Tom Brady in the 5th but sometime things happen and a player the GM didnt think would be good is... Thats life you win some and you lose some(hopefully your right more then wrong)

#187 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

I just looked it up.  We could have drafted Barrett Jones with our fourth pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.