Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lets look at this play setup

76 posts in this topic

Posted

You get pie for a good post and the fact that i kept hitting the play button like an idiot. I was like wow! How did he embed this?!?

Deangelo ran like this to start last season. His vision got better and he ran more decisive toward the end of the season when the offense had great balance.

Hopefully he knocks out the cobwebs early.

2 people like this

Posted

Nice writeup Fiz.  You make excellent points.  Apparently some things never change... *sigh*

I'm trying to stay positive...  

Also JLaw's tits are magical, but the pie is for the Panthers stuff.

2 people like this

Posted

it's a shame they don't know that one whiny kid with a resume isn't any better than any other whiny kid.

1 person likes this

Posted

When I saw this play I was shocked by the following

1) the amount of open air DWill had on the outside

2) the fact he completely ignored that and rammed his head into the Ravens in an effort to fall down as fast as possible.

Troubling.

2 people like this

Posted

One of the examples of why fiz is one of the better contributors on here

Why would he not follow his lead blocker. Drives me mad

1 person likes this

Posted

Deangelo ran like this to start last season. His vision got better and he ran more decisive toward the end of the season when the offense had great balance.

no, he was good against really bad defenses and vanished against good ones.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillDe02/gamelog/2012/

he also got a third of his yards in one game against the worst defense in the history of the NFL. 

maybe williams isn't done, per se, but he's just a dude at this point. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I am giving you pie for the breasts, and it was an excellent post, so I should give you two slices of pie, but alas I can't.

1 person likes this

Posted

is dwill trying to be an between the tackles runner or is shula calling plays like he is?

regardless, i haven't been encouraged by the run game at all.

Posted

The main problem I think we all knew what play was coming, we all knew we weren't going to make it. Shula wasn't hired as QB coach because he has a drastically different idea of what an offense should be than his boss. The Panthers offense has looked stagnant, predictable, overmatched, and frankly kinda bored out there. 

Exactly, I'm tired of people complaining that Cam has no weapons or he thinks he has to do everything, completely wrong.  We have talent to compete and even win, it is up to the coaches to make the most of what we have.  We figured it out on defense last year and looks to be continuing into this year.  If we have a bad year, I'm willing to bet the coaching staff isnt maximizing our tools.  You are probably right about this play as well, D totally missed the outside which only needed to win one matchup which was Brockel vs a db.

Posted

Now that you have pointed this out, i agree D Will did fug this play up. He has got to be smarter than that and that was a great block by Williams. Greg Olsen couldnt block a blow up doll he should never be in on those situations.

Posted

Even if the play was a bad call (and it probably was) why wouldn't DWill follow Brockel?  That really makes no sense.