lets look at this play setup

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#16 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

sprinkle a 20+ yard run here and there and half the huddlers won't ever notice stuff like this.

#17 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

sprinkle a 20+ yard run here and there and half the huddlers won't ever notice stuff like this.

ah yes, the arian foster maxim. 

#18 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

jesus christ rayzor what's with the pie

3sdc6l.jpg

#19 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

itchy trigger finger.

just wondering, tho, if you've (or anyone else) had a chance to break down a comparison of william's runs vs. barner's runs this preseason?

i'm just wondering if it's just me who's been more impressed with barner than williams.

#20 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,196 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

itchy trigger finger.

just wondering, tho, if you've (or anyone else) had a chance to break down a comparison of william's runs vs. barner's runs this preseason?

i'm just wondering if it's just me who's been more impressed with barner than williams.

I haven't done a breakdown or anything but after watching the games once it looks like Barner is more decisive(and fast).

The holes are not going to stay open for long so we need to play the RB who can see it then get there quickly IMO.

#21 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

well since fiz said it maybe people will start to get over the fact that .0003 20+ yard runs per game ain't poo you should be smokin...

#22 wine-o and cheese-doodle

wine-o and cheese-doodle

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

That was a very good jouney into the deep recesses of our OC's mind as he says to himself " my boys did their job and didn't give up the ball or lose field position. Now it's up to ST coach and that punter." 3 and out  3 and out   3 and out. Why does that defense look so outta shape out there???

As for myself, well I'm suicidal. Being a panther fan is tough.

#23 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

I would think this was an excellent write up, but then, boobs.

Boobs, boobs, boobs, boobs, boobs.

#24 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

I haven't done a breakdown or anything but after watching the games once it looks like Barner is more decisive(and fast).

The holes are not going to stay open for long so we need to play the RB who can see it then get there quickly IMO.

They're very different runners and Barner hasn't gotten to run with the 1s so it's kinda irrelevant. 

#25 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

I know a lot of you think it's the preseason and it doesn't matter, but you're also the ones who will go into the next thread and crown the defense the best since the 2000 ravens because they played well in the same preseason game. everything matters to a degree. This is a team that's started slow every year under ron rivera and haven't been worth a poo in four years. The defense is pretty interesting and exciting, but once again the offense is slow out of the gate.

Can I co-sign this comment?

#26 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

I took this play call as one of those ill-conceived, "statement" runs.

The kind where the coaches feel like if the offense converts it will be a morale booster.  Problem is when it fails it has the opposite effect. Especially since we gained .5 yards on two "statement" runs.

#27 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

I took this play call as one of those ill-conceived, "statement" runs.

The kind where the coaches feel like if the offense converts it will be a morale booster. 

If a coach actually buys into this ridiculous, childish narrative then we're more screwed than I thought.

#28 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

Well then let's just hope I'm dead wrong, as usual

#29 cranky

cranky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationLocust, NC

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

It's clear to me it's a run outside. Williams seals his dude inside and Brockel is heading out to block the DB. If Olsen had managed to make a block at all it'd be more obvious. 

DeAngelo just ran inside for some reason.

Here's what Belichick says about watching tape:

“I don’t know how you can know that unless you’re really part of the team and know exactly what was supposed to happen on that play. I know there are a lot of experts out there that have it all figured out but I definitely don’t,” Belichick said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/

Maybe you are right but without knowing what was "supposed" to happen, there really is no way of blaming Williams solely. Maybe Williams wasn't suppose to "seal" him. Just because it looks like he's sealed, does not mean that was designed.

#30 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

Here's what Belichick says about watching tape:

“I don’t know how you can know that unless you’re really part of the team and know exactly what was supposed to happen on that play. I know there are a lot of experts out there that have it all figured out but I definitely don’t,” Belichick said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/

Maybe you are right but without knowing what was "supposed" to happen, there really is no way of blaming Williams solely. Maybe Williams wasn't suppose to "seal" him. Just because it looks like he's sealed, does not mean that was designed.

If he's running towards the pile instead of towards daylight simply because that's the original design of the play, we've got major issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com