Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte v. Campbell Game Thread

46 posts in this topic

Posted

I believe he has a relative at on the staff or in the AD.

I'd bet its more some combination of wanting his name on a stadium, trying to one up McColl and Everett and a way to profit at some point in the near future.

Posted

His grandson is on the coaching staff, but he donated to have his name on the field before his grandson was even hired. It wasn't until almost a year later that he decided he also wanted to have his name on the stadium so he donated $10 million more.

More than anything he just wanted to support the hometown team. He said Charlotte is his home and he wanted to invest in his hometown team.

In addition to the $10 million, he donated an additional amount to endow a scholarship in the name of his son that just died.

Posted

Congrats Charlotte.  Was a long time coming waiting on the first game.  Went really well.

Posted

Charlotte is now 2-0 after beat Chowan 47-7 

Posted

The students need to stop rushing the field... I mean seriously... It was Chowan.

Posted

Yea, no poo... but that was two ass kickins to open a football program.. not too bad

Posted

Yeah, CLT has a good team.

Posted

The students need to stop rushing the field... I mean seriously... It was Chowan.

It was just about 2 dozen jackasses this week. Drunk frat assholes. The school won't tolerate it again next week.

Last week they said nothing about it, but this week there was immediately an announcement in the stadium telling them to get off the field.

Was nice to have a packed house again. I do hate that they allow people to stand on the concourse though. Thousands of people are watching from around the concourse because you get a great view and there is plenty of standing room. People are doing this instead of sitting in the seats in the endzone, so the stadium looks kind of empty on tv despite being over "official" capacity.

In the basketball arena they do not allow you to stand on the concourse to watch the game even though there is more than enough room just like in the football stadium.

Posted

Now on to comments for the game:

Chowan is DII, but they are a decent DII squad and definitely more talented than a non-scholarship DI program.

They have several all conference players and even some all-D2 players. It is a game you expect to win, but just like last week, I did not expect the margin of victory. I thought Chowan would be much tougher than Campbell, but they didn't really give us any more of a test.

NCCU isn't looking so hot this year, so 3-0 is looking like a real possibility.

The hardest test we face all season might come the following week at James Madison though.

Posted

Yea I was following the Central game on gamecast to see what they were looking like. Scoreless in the first half and then a 3 point overtime win. They're better than Chowan and Campbell so it'll be a good test. I actually hope we get knocked around some (and still win) so that when we roll into JMU we're not too cocky. 

Posted

Yea I was following the Central game on gamecast to see what they were looking like. Scoreless in the first half and then a 3 point overtime win. They're better than Chowan and Campbell so it'll be a good test. I actually hope we get knocked around some (and still win) so that when we roll into JMU we're not too cocky. 

At this point I expect to beat NCCU. I won't be shocked if we lose since they're fielding a team with more scholarship players than us, but I expect to win.

JMU the next weekend will be really tough.

Posted

At this point I expect to beat NCCU. I won't be shocked if we lose since they're fielding a team with more scholarship players than us, but I expect to win.

JMU the next weekend will be really tough.

I agree I think we're going to beat Central but I hope its close. I was at the first game and caught highlights of the second and its just been a little too easy. I want our guys to get knocked around and have to fight for a W so when you get to JMU they're ready for the challenge cause thats going to be one of two biggest challenges this season