Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers A Defense Destined to Dominate

107 posts in this topic

Posted

If I have ever seen the perfect photo to compliment a story, this is it.  Congrats Zod on a job more than well done.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jon Beason is going to wreak havoc.

89 is gonna torch an overconfident, cocky Sherman.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am literally going to cry if we lose

4 people like this

Posted

why do i get the feeling that keek is going to be making his statement to the league this game?

You get all the pies for the tombstone reference. Sweet

1 person likes this

Posted

These thread happen every year and every year we go out and lay an egg

1 person likes this

Posted

I think Week 1 is a toss up. RW/Lynch will be a nice test for the defense and I expect them to perform well. 

I don't think we'll be seeing the true potential of this defense until a few weeks into the season however, as the new parts start to fit and the rookie DT's get a real taste of the NFL. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Good article, General, thx

and dont forget all the depth we have on that line and at linebacker also. That rotation up front is gonna MAUL.

Posted

No offense, all this optimism is great and all, but ask the Falcons about Wilson being a "game manager".  Even though they lost he took over that game in the playoffs last year, no question about it.

Think we should be a little more realistic here, the Seahawks are a really, really good team and we will be lucky to come out Sunday with a win.

Debbie Downer time over, go back to being happy.

Posted

No offense, all this optimism is great and all, but ask the Falcons about Wilson being a "game manager". Even though they lost he took over that game in the playoffs last year, no question about it.

Think we should be a little more realistic here, the Seahawks are a really, really good team and we will be lucky to come out Sunday with a win.

Debbie Downer time over, go back to being happy.

Realistically the Seahawks have just a good a shot of winning as we do. It's not like they are this massive monster team. They have good players we have good players. Debbie downer time my @ss. Time to get off that train buddy. Believe in this team. Realistically they don't know what's coming

Posted

To say we will be "lucky" to win the game is as dumb as saying we are going to blow them out.

Posted

I don't too much care what the Seatalk fans are saying. Yes, they are a tall order to start the season, but if we play up to our capability and execute, we can bring them down down a peg or two.  We need to match that swagger that we know that the Seahawks will bring to our house and show them some old school Southern hospitality by smacking them square in the mouth for disrespectfully sauntering into our house with a cockiness that borders on the epitome of insolence.  It's not like we don't have the swag master himself playing at QB, a WR with the heart of a lion, and a proven and capable RB that can take it to the house at any time, as well as a human bowling ball to roll over even the toughest defenses down in the trenches. And, let's not forget a few other vets with chips on their shoulders and/or axes to grind---one that can actually peel the layers of smirk off CBs with sheer speed as he blazes by. Oh, and did I forget one of the nastiest front sevens that has potential befitting of legends, and the stoutest---most professional---linebackers in the league with the perfect blend of sheer talent and pride?  The front of our defense can cover over a suspected multitude of sins in our defensive backfield, alone, just by playing to its ability---a defensive backfield that is eager to prove to the world that it's flow of veteran shrewdness and youthful exuberance can and will act in concert with those in the front to complete the beautiful chaos by taking away not only the spirit, but the ball like vultures literally from Seahawk talons.

After it's all said and done, Vegas will tow their lines, the talking heads will take an instant to shut their mouths in disbelief before near seamlessly changing their tunes, and Seatalk fans will learn to not count their little Seahawk eggs before they're hatched.

I nominate you to give the pregame speech to the team

I'll give Zod an A for effort, but I'll nominate myself. 

Posted

I am literally going to cry if we lose

Better break out the tissues then. i remember last season Zod said that we would go 13-3 :jc: