#76 yeezy

yeezy

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Not necessarily.
I hate using preseason as an example, but it fits perfectly here. Our offense managed a field goal against the Ravens. That's all.
We won 34-27.

e: 2 field goals

Haha, that's pretty funny lol.

#77 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,621 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

I'm fully expecting the Panthers D to outscore the Panthers O in this game.

As long as we have more points than them at the end of the game I don't care how it happens.

#78 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

I'd actually be pretty pumped up if that happens

Just pointing out....happened last time we played the Seahawks.

#79 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Yes, I agree. The Seahawks hype has been fueled by the networks just like The Golden Calf of Bristol and Griffin. They are an easy pick because they were a hot team late. Turnovers will be a big key Sunday and our D has shown a knack at creating + turnover margin.

What's funny to me is the Redskins hype as well. We nearly held the redskins without a TD and held Seattle to one. What really blows my mind is the Rams and Chiefs being so high on ESPNs power poll.

#80 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,601 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

Rams I could see. Chiefs, no. They'll be better, but still bottom 3 in the league.

#81 K-Hawk

K-Hawk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

I'm fully expecting the Panthers D to outscore the Panthers O in this game.

Hmmm. Wilson has historically had a very high TD:INT ration with last year no exception at 26 TDs and 10 INTs. Defensive points might be hard to come by. By the same token, our D/STs averaged over 4 pts a game (not counting PATs and FGs)... at least in the last half of the season. (Sorry, don't know the stats for the whole season.)

Hopefully your comment is not an indictment of your offense!

#82 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hmmm. Wilson has historically had a very high TD:INT ration with last year no exception at 26 TDs and 10 INTs. Defensive points might be hard to come by. By the same token, our D/STs averaged over 4 pts a game (not counting PATs and FGs)... at least in the last half of the season. (Sorry, don't know the stats for the whole season.)

Hopefully your comment is not an indictment of your offense!

I have no idea what to expect out of this offense. Cam could light it up for 600 yards or we could have nothing going. It's a crapshoot. This defense shows a tendency to create opportunities and exploit them though.

#83 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,262 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

Zod...

tumblr_lxi51zmQve1qa7gyjo4_250.gif

And can you validate my parking?

#84 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

As long as we have more points than them at the end of the game I don't care how it happens.

AMEN!!

#85 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

As a die hard Panther fan. I'm gonna always believe we can win any game, but man do we suck in opening games also I wouldn't put to much stock in Beason being his old self right away. It's gonna take at least to week 6 IMO

#86 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,599 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:25 AM

It all looks good on paper for both teams...lets just see how it looks on the field. I am cautiously optimistic. 

#87 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

I understand, but this quote here "It's trivial to say that the defense he was playing against has any relevance" is very off. What can I say? I wont say anything mean, but man. . . can youuuuuuuuu . . . really say that?

'The defense a QB plays has no relevance to his play in that particular game'. . . . .thats what youre saying right?

I personally dont compare two different scenarios where two different teams with two different sets of players, on two different fields, with two different injury list variables, with two different QB's. . etc, etc. I can take a large set of that data out of several games and probably get something out of it. . but not a couple of games. On that note, if I were to compare Cam's best two games with Wilson's two best games, who do you think would look more impressive?

So you're saying that when you think of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady you breakdown their abilities by each and every defense they play?  Really?

I'm saying that when describing a QB's strengths, weaknesses, and abilities the defense they are going against is trivial.  How they play in those games means a lot but when ranking QB's at the beginning of the year people don't include the defenses they played against.

And I don't think the idea of who is better Cam or Wilson ever came into the argument.  It's simply which one will have a better game on Sunday.  And to think Wilson is just going to sit back and hand it off 30 times is ridiculous he is a much better Quarterback than that, regardless of the defense he is playing against.

#88 Guest_LegionOfBoom_*

Guest_LegionOfBoom_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

1002516_152415758294047_35989637_n.jpg

Meet me in the Endzone!

#89 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,825 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

1002516_152415758294047_35989637_n.jpg

Meet me in the Endzone!

OK...

johnson_hardy112612.jpg

What do you mean, "Wrong endzone"?

#90 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

So you're saying that when you think of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady you breakdown their abilities by each and every defense they play?  Really?

I just . . I cant continue this conversation man. I dont have time to talk "football" with someone that doesnt think the defense a QB is playing effects how he plays.

That's too much for my patience to tolerate. . . and not only that but you were being a jackass about it by making passive aggressive statements in order to goad me into something more. Usually I would take the time to make sure you understand never to do that again in my own little "make you swallow your own tongue" sort of way, but after conversations with guys like HelloWorld and yourself I just dont feel like its worth the time to put the words on a webpage. In the end am I bettering anything? No, I am literally wasting my time.

Im not sure how you watch football based on your remark up there. Do you eat it with a fork or a spoon? Yes I actually watch the game to assess talent, I know thats weird, but try to wrap your head around it sometime.

and btw I didnt compare Cam to Wilson, haha thats absurd. I would never embarrass a good dude like Wilson. Im rooting for him when he's not playing us, but he's not worth mentioning in the same breath as a pro bowl 6'6 QB that is strong, faster, smarter, and tougher. . whos already broken several pro records (not just rookie ones).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com