Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else missing the season opener?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Am i the only loner with mandatory obligations missing the game this Sunday?

Please tell me there are others.

If you are missing the game, do you

A. check your phone every 2 minutes to refresh the score

B. tell everyone to eat a bag of baby dicks and to not text you the score until you get home and watch the dvr of the game

Posted

Not only will I not be missing it, I'll be there in person :)

7 people like this

Posted

My work is closed on Sundays. 

Posted

If I can't watch a game live, I've given up on trying to avoid learning the outcome. The NFL is just everywhere, it's unavoidable. If I learn the result, oh well, I'll still watch the game just to see individual performances and highlights as they happen.

Posted

I'll be missing it. Will be watching the game when I get home.

I'll be avoiding the Huddle, ESPN, twitter and pretty much every other website until I finish watching game at my own time.

Posted

my brother-in-law decided to get married at 11:30am on sunday, as documented a few months back in an annoyed rant... i will be trying to find a tv and sneak over to it during the reception. teh kurb has generously offered to let me watch it at his place so if i can get out of the reception at halftime i should be good for the rest of the game.

Posted

my brother-in-law decided to get married at 11:30am on sunday, as documented a few months back in an annoyed rant... i will be trying to find a tv and sneak over to it during the reception. teh kurb has generously offered to let me watch it at his place so if i can get out of the reception at halftime i should be good for the rest of the game.

We need to meet up while you're in town. 

Posted

I've missed one game in 12 years... (2010 steelers game. Only the birth of a child would stop me. I did leave the hospital for a few hours to watch the '11 Jags game, after my youngest was born though.

1 person likes this

Posted

Deeeepeeee!

Posted

Gotta work all day but its by myself so I will be on my phone the entire time

Posted

I'll miss watching it on tv but when i get home from watching it live I'll be sure to watch it again  :beerhat:

Posted

I will likely be watching on a dvr delay so I can tend to family stuff plus skip commercials. But outright missing a game?

Never, not one. I only get 16 a year; fug anyone who thinks I will do otherwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app