Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Morgan

Wagner doesn't think Cam can beat them by throwing.

84 posts in this topic

Yeah cause everyone throws for almost 8,000 during their first two years in the league..

1 person likes this

Reasonable thought. Seattle has one of the best corner tandems in the league. They are big corners and play man press. Newton will see tighter windows to throw into and he hasn't looked all that accurate in preseason. If "It is what it is isn't good enough" then Cam needs to get better in the short passing game. The Hawks will force him to. There will be no more quantifying his performance with " for a rookie" or "in his second year". He said it himself. The time is now or Gettleman will be looking to draft a QB in a year or 2.

The Hawks know that their D-line is banged up. They are going to have to manufacture pressure through blitzes and such. I hope Rivera and Shula understand that short routes, screen passes, and a stout running attack are the way we have to beat them. The strength is in the secondary, the backers and safeties will be blitzing all day. This is not the week we try to beat a team deep every snap.

About to quit my job just so I can watch this game sunday I have a feeling im going to miss a good game

If I'm Shula, I am drawing up a menu of two tight end sets and 3 wides often with a man in motion. Get 4-5 yards a play and keep the Seahawks offense off of the field, so our dominant front 7 stays fresh.

I'm pretty sure every single team we face this season is going to try and take away the run and force Cam to beat them throwing. It's up to our OC to find a way to dial up the right pass plays for Cam, and also utilize his ability to scramble and run.

Little Russy Wilson is going to have to throw a lot too, and that doesn't bother me because I think he's going to get his head knocked off out there. I don't think he finishes the game.

hes tryin to jedi mindtrick Cam... Hes still a padawan or hed know its only a weak mind that can get mindtricked... 

Deangelo, Armond, Tollbooth? Cmon down.........

So says Bobby Wagner, scholar athelete.

RYmyt.gif

4 people like this

Mike Tyson says everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.

8 people like this