Photo
* - - - - 3 votes

4th and inches

Best Answer Rook35200, 08 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

49ers were on the Packers side of the field, Panthers were on their own side. That's the difference, not the coaching.

I doubt that matters. Harbaugh on 4th and inches would have gone for it if he were our coach today.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#61 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

We'll have to see if someone can screencap it, but I remember it differently.

If Im wrong I don't mind admitting it we'll see. My fiancee has the tv occupied or i would do it.

#62 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

The 4th and inches was close to the 50 yard line.. that's not a bad place to attempt to go for it.. if its back at the 20 you would have a point.

34 yards out is not near the 50 yard line

#63 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Going for it on 4th and inches in on your on 25 is not a good idea. Unless its in desperation.

#64 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

Jeezus Christ we have the dumbest fan base on the planet it seems. Like someone else said, I would be shocked to hear that some of you actually watch football on a regular basis and NO, Madden NFL doest f'ing count. Thank god your fat faces are behind a computer screen and not actually coaching somewhere. The correct calls throughout the game were made. You all know damn well if we would have gone for it on 4th down and been stopped(66% chance of that happening), there would be threads popping up RIGHT now saying "WHY THE F**K DO YOU GO FOR IT ON 4TH DOWN WHILE YOU ARE LEADING AND YOUR DEFENSE IS PLAYING LIGHTS OUT!!!!!! FIRE RIVEREREZ!!11!!!!!"

Some of you, for the sake of fans that know what the hell they are talking about, don't post. Just go somewhere.

#65 jopie87

jopie87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationStanton, Ca

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

Anyone else just see Harbaugh go for it on 4th and 2, with his team winning. He could have punted there, and pinned Rodgers. Instead he plays to win, and does.

#66 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,563 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

49ers just basically sealed their game.

By going on it on 4th and 2.

Rivera's probably shaking his head in disgust.

#67 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Rivera isn't an aggressive coach. Personality wise nor playcalling wise. That's what this young team is missing IMO

#68 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

49ers just basically sealed their game.

By going on it on 4th and 2.

Yep. Rivera would have punted there and relief on his D. Final score would have been 35-31 them.

#69 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

I was watching that and thinking we never have a coach with balls enough to win the game.  Imagine the Panthers with Harbaugh as coach

#70 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

There you see the difference between us and a perennial super bowl contender. Gain 2 yards and win the game or punt and have to stop the other team. Thanks Rivera

#71 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

There you see the difference between us and a perennial super bowl contender. Gain 2 yards and win the game or punt and have to stop the other team. Thanks Rivera

^^^This^^^

Even if you don't get the first down you still have to rely on your D. Might as well go for it and seal the game. I knew when the 49ers went for it on 4th and 2 that they were going to win the game.

#72 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

49ers were on the Packers side of the field, Panthers were on their own side. That's the difference, not the coaching.

#73 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:58 PM   Best Answer

I doubt that matters. Harbaugh on 4th and inches would have gone for it if he were our coach today.

#74 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Anyone else just see Harbaugh go for it on 4th and 2, with his team winning. He could have punted there, and pinned Rodgers. Instead he plays to win, and does.

Apples and oranges....

All 4th downs aren't the same....

#75 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

the 49ers were looking at a realllllly long FG if they hadnt went for it. it was the exact same situation just a couple yards farther down the field and more time on the clock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com