Photo
- - - - -

More positives than negatives today. A completely objective analysis.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

I am worried about us playing against a passing team like Pats or Saints. What are we going to do? RW carved out our secondary towards the end of the game when our front seven seemed tired.

Wilson bought time for his receivers with his feet and constant roll out plays. I actually feel pretty good going up against non mobile Qbs plus that was probably the best defense we will see for a while.

#17 Leon

Leon

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

Special teams is still the biggest issue.

Penalties and ball carrying too.

#18 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

I am worried about us playing against a passing team like Pats or Saints. What are we going to do? RW carved out our secondary towards the end of the game when our front seven seemed tired.

Simple.. Our D beats their D and our run game beats their run game

#19 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

The fact that we played well makes the loss hurt more. We were efficient running and passing the ball but we did not run enough plays. Had we run 70 instead of 49 plays I believe we win this game. I think a little more urgency on offense will go a long way. Also, there is a difference between efficiency and yardage totals.

#20 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Special teams is still the biggest issue.

Penalties and ball carrying too.

I will be perfectly honest, i have low standards when it comes to special teams. In my opinion, aslong as we dont muff punt returns and fumble and aslong as we dont let opposing PR/KRs gain big yards, thats a A+ in my book

#21 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

I disagree, the O line was fine. Cam had time and it showed in his completion rate and QB rating and they also opened up running lanes. Im not saying its a elite Broncos O line but the O line is not nearly as concerning as we originally thought

Is Amini going to be back for the Bills game???  I want to see more play action and see what Brandon Williams can do in the middle. Overall I am looking forward to the game vs Bills.

Week 2:  Gross / Amini / Kalil / Scott / Bell   

#22 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

Too conservative on O my main worry especially in our division the #s we gone have to put up

#23 Leon

Leon

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

I will be perfectly honest, i have low standards when it comes to special teams. In my opinion, aslong as we dont muff punt returns and fumble and aslong as we dont let opposing PR/KRs gain big yards, thats a A+ in my book

And we can't even do that.

#24 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

Mr Mojo Risin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Seems like you guys are over looking the fact that yes seattle is a dominant team at home but not so much when they are away also I read somewhere that 3 of seattles pass rushers were out and combined for 70% of their sacks last season I get what u mean about the first game of the season and all but to only score 1 td against a pass rushless away seahawks team has me very fuging concerned

#25 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,259 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

There's a little called perspective in this thread, it's nice to see...

#26 Cj72

Cj72

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

With the rush they had today, a non running qb will be lucky to make it out of the 1st quarter

#27 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

The only negative in this game is just overall game management and very stupid penalties. I dont forsee Armond Smith running out of bounds on a weekly basis nor do I see big Frank taking swings every week either. We did plenty enough to win, had D will not have fumbled who knows what happens.

."

IDK about that. He got called for the exact same thing in preseason. He just doesn't seem like he's a very smart player to me.

#28 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

Positive 1- Offensive line suprised to the upside. Not only did they perform well in pass protection allowing Cam Newton to complete 69.2% of his passes for a QB rating of 97.2 against a depeted but still vaunted Sehawks defense but the O line also performed very solidly in the running game which allowed for good clock control and a combined 134 rushing yds on the ground at 5.4 YPC.

While I would have liked to see a little less conservative play calling and more deep passes, the O line looked much better than anticipated and controlled the clock to give our defense needed rest. Overall offensive grade; B+

Positive 2- Defense Defense Defense. No need to go into stats here, I saw it, you saw it we all saw it. This defense straight up dominated and looked like the 2003 defense. Star is as advertised and while our DEs didnt post monster stats, this defensive unit exceeded expectations as a whole. Defensive grade; A-

The only negative in this game is just overall game management and very stupid penalties. I dont forsee Armond Smith running out of bounds on a weekly basis nor do I see big Frank taking swings every week either. We did plenty enough to win, had D will not have fumbled who knows what happens.

Aside from a few tweaks here and there, Carolina needs to stay the course. If this D continues playing at a high level like it is and if the O can just be a tad less conservative, this team will do big things this year. I loved the clock control ground and pound offense, while its not sexy lets remember its because of offenses like this our D can be so dominant due to a lot of rest time.

Im with Cam on this. "No need to get up in arms, this is pnly week 1."

I'm with you. Birng back the Offensive team of 2011 while the new and hopefully improved Defense continue to do their thing.

Didn't get to follow the game but got the impression from the reaction on this site, that the coaching was way to conservative. Don't know why but it's the first game.

Although I still wouldn't give the Defense anything in the A family, after all let's not forget that the  bar for them was paractically set on the floor because of the last two seasons, I will give them the B+ and the Offense the B.

#29 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

There line wasn't vaunted, it was mostly missing starters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com