Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roster changes?

49 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Did anyone else catch Panthers Talk yesterday?

The player guest? Josh Thomas. Lol...

Who better to have on for the fans than the guy that gave up the GW TD by looking absolutely horrible in coverage? Yay!

And Rivera seems to really like Smith. I doubt he's going anywhere.

I doubt they do anything other than sign someone on the line for depth to replace Williams' spot.

Posted · Report post

If Josh Thomas is starting the next game then that is a clear reason why Rivera needs to be sent packing.  Wilson had a PERFECT QBR against him Sunday.  PERFECT.  

Posted · Report post

Armond should be gone, but he isn't going anywhere

Posted · Report post

If Josh Thomas is starting the next game then that is a clear reason why Rivera needs to be sent packing. Wilson had a PERFECT QBR against him Sunday. PERFECT.

That's the point I've been making all along with him... aside from his horrible decisions in-game, he seems to make personnel decisions based on something other than on-field performance.

Posted · Report post

bring back Hangartner

Posted · Report post

Aside from Garry Williams, I am not expecting any moves.

Moves would mean they are agreeing that they stunk it up yesterday.

They don't agree, therefore there will be no moves.

I agree here ZOD.

Josh Thomas made a young mistake on the punt return. It happens to veterans as well. He was over aggressive on the long touch down trying to jam his man at the line and missed. Youthful mistake only experience will help that. Also some of the catches that were made on JT was due to miscommunication between him and Cap. If I remember correctly, he was also the victim of pick play from the Seahawks Offense. But the person that picked JT was a panthers player.

Armond 2 penalties hurt us but only one was truly a penalty. The first one he did exactly what the rules states and made a good line and attempt to come back in. The rule had changed from last season and the ref was called it on last seasons rule IMO.

The team played a good game. They played enough to win. They were dominate at the line of scrimmage but we were hurt by the fast roll out passing plays that no one seemed to see coming and I found myself screaming at the TV what was going to happen before the ball was snapped.

Mistakes and Miss opportunities cost us the game. Please let not act like we just lost the season over one game. I saw what I wanted to see. The Defense is much improved over last year and last year we were a top 10 team. Offense will come along. Its always slow when you have a new OC in the house. Even if he is from within that same house.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

bring back Hangartner

how-about-no1-300x231.jpg

Posted · Report post

Person confirms a replacement for Williams will be added to the regular roster tomorrow, but says not to expect a name player.

Would appear Chris Scott will start in Williams place. If Silatolu is back, he plays the left guard. If not, maybe it's Wharton. More likely scenario, at least for the moment, is Wharton as depth for both guard positions.

Also a couple of changes to the practice squad, with OL Garth Gerhart and DT Casey Walker being let go. My guess is one of the two tryout quarterbacks takes one of those spots. Unknown on the other.

No definitive word on changes to the depth chart. If there are any, I doubt we find out till tomorrow.

Posted · Report post

signed m jasper to practice squad, was 7th round bill pick in 2011 

Posted · Report post

Person confirms a replacement for Williams will be added to the regular roster tomorrow, but says not to expect a name player.

Would appear Chris Scott will start in Williams place. If Silatolu is back, he plays the left guard. If not, maybe it's Wharton. More likely scenario, at least for the moment, is Wharton as depth for both guard positions.

Also a couple of changes to the practice squad, with OL Garth Gerhart and DT Casey Walker being let go. My guess is one of the two tryout quarterbacks takes one of those spots. Unknown on the other.

No definitive word on changes to the depth chart. If there are any, I doubt we find out till tomorrow.

Spot on Mr. Scot.......

Scott to RG ,

if available- Silatolu at LG ......if not Wharton

Heard it from RR mouth

Posted · Report post

Well, fans of Ramses Barden should be happy.  The Giants reached an injury settlement with him, so he's available.

Wouldn't necessarily expect him him here unless Domenik Hixon just can't get healthy.  Then maybe...

Posted · Report post

So what changes might we see before week two?

Got a feeling Garry Williams goes to IR, which likely means another lineman signed. If you're expecting that to be a well-known veteran guy though, I wouldn't necessarily get my hopes up.  It's a legitimate possibility.  After week one - which technically isn't over until end of game tonight - is the time many teams pick up unsigned veterans because they no longer have to guarantee their contracts, but by no means is such a signing guaranteed.

As far as other changes, I know some are expecting Armond Smith to be shown the door.  Again, maybe, but I have a feeling he gets one more chance.

Ditto Josh Thomas.  Thomas had three fairly bad moments in yesterday's game, but will he be benched?  My gut says not yet, but it's possible.

Feel free to predict what roster changes you think could - or should - be made this week.

(players only; plenty of coaching discussion in other threads) 

Hixon will be available and armanti and hopefully barner will be also playing. they only played armanti one time to protect his hamstring