Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Anyone else notice a couple of things in this current Skins vs Eagles game?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#46 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

Need to see more than one game from the Eagles and Kelly against a very sloppy Redskins team.

Keep your pants on guys.

#47 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,400 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

I agree, I also notice when watching other teams play, we just seem so lethargic and no energy. I watched that 49ers/Packers game and the 49ers are fun to watch and play with energy. If you ask me who I would want as our HC its Greg Roman and its not even close. If we do get a new HC it MUST be a OC and Roman just makes too much sense.

Absolutely agree. Roman is a guy I want and I've mentioned his name in the past. Harbaugh is a great HC, but I believe Roman should deserve more credit for the production of both Alex Smith and Kaep. I would love to see Roman working with Cam.

#48 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

Ruh roh. They may have put the breaks on too early!!!!!

#49 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

Roman is interesting but there's something to consider:

Coming back to the Panthers--basically, his impression of JR/the org/Charlotte/team (At least our players are a plus haha)

He was with us for quite some time with Capers and Seifert

#50 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Coming back to the Panthers--basically, his impression of JR/the org/Charlotte/team (At least our players are a plus haha)

Pie for the research/knowledge. I didn't know this.

#51 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,765 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Why aren't fans bashing the redskins offense the way they have ours? Last I checked, they aren't lighting up the scoreboard. Guess they need to fire their OC, dump Griffin and can the HC. More evidence panther "fans" are the least knowledgable fans in the NFL

Or maybe you aren't considering their QB is trying to come back from a blown out knee in record time and his mechanics and timing are WAY off. It doesn't really matter the play calls or coaching, dude isn't 100%.

Miguel, you always seem so against fellow fans for simply stating how they feel about their team.

Show me proof that our head coach and OC don't suck to this point in time. Shula has a history of conservatively coaching himself out of jobs, therefore, he has sucked at pretty much every place he has coached - otherwise, he'd still be there. He now has one game as a playcalller with us, with probably the most uniquely talented and gifted player in pro football, and it sucked. He has to prove differently. Rivera as a head coach... I'm still not getting where the Rivera defense brigade are coming from. He has given absolutely no reason for fans to support him, unless you expect people to be idiots and pretend he's a good coach simply because he IS our current coach.

So why are our fans so dumb and the "least knowledgeable" in football? Because most of us are tired of having the franchise piss on us while telling us it's raining?

#52 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Not sure ESPN/others would have enough room for for RG3's cock if he makes this come back.

#53 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Pie for the research/knowledge. I didn't know this.

I mean he was here for half of our head coaches in our team's history.  He's either definitely on a radar or won't be remotely on JRs radar.  

#54 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Doc is right.

This offense is fun to watch, and producing, but the real question is, what's it going to be like week 13? The guys are going to be tired, sore, cold as poo, and ready to go home.

And probably injured.

Kelly's likely to find out the same thing Rick Pitino did: That what you can run with 90 college kids doesn't necessarily work as well run by 45 older guys.

#55 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,765 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

I mean he was here for half of our head coaches in our team's history. He's either definitely on a radar or won't be remotely on JRs radar.

Yeah, I thought Harbaugh would be on our radar considering the ties with him playing here for a season.

Then, JR took a hot steamy dump on him in public.

#56 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

Pretty much everybody who's ever worked for Jerry Richardson loves him.

People who have worked for George Seifert...not so much. Seifert being gone would be a plus.

#57 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,506 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

it's the pace, the Eagles having early success was never that big of a question with this Scheme, the question and reason why a lot of teams shyed away from him is there is a general opinion that it will not work as the season goes on.

I'm not sure what the Play counter is for Phillys offense but when Chip was in Oregan it was not uncommon for his teams to run between 30-40 more plays a game on average over other teams, and the question is how will the Team react when they have already played a seasons worth of Snaps in say week 10 and it just gets worse from there as they would progress through the season. and then you have the playoffs to consider on top of that.

The NFL right now is debating the fiesablility of the League moving to 18 game seasons, and what would it be like when the NFL switches to that. see where I'm going here? in College you normaly play up to 13 games, and thats with younger college players, what is going to happen over a much longer season with older players with a more even playing field. it's a serious question that needs answering.

as I've stated before when this topic comes up Chip Kelly is a boom or bust, he's either going to set the league on fire or like a shooting star be bright as it enters the season and burns to nothing at the end.

I would rather watch it by the far then my team be the guinie pig.

it more then just the pace.not only that, the man is smart enough to know what he could run with this scheme, and what he cant. .he even said that much, when Foles was playing QB. also what i find amazing is the execution level of these plays, at that pace. that goes back to how he runs his practices, even Belichick had to go steal some ideas from him. this is a HC who knows what he is doing.

this scheme allows him to do so many different looks and plays, that it would very hard for a DC to gameplan for. if he wants to go super fast, he can. if he wants to slow it down, get under center and run some plays out the I he can.

#58 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

What's this.......Kelly going conservative in the second half

Say it ain't so.

#59 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Doc is right.

This offense is fun to watch, and producing, but the real question is, what's it going to be like week 13? The guys are going to be tired, sore, cold as poo, and ready to go home.

Come week 13 when your playoff slot is solid you rest!

#60 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

I honestly think the Eagles will be run ragged from doing this every week for 16 regular season games. Wouldn't be surprised if they start 6-0 or even 8-0 then limp into the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6. Thing you have to remember is that at most a team in the NFC East will face them twice, Philly has to run this pace for 16 games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.