For those who say our game plan didn't work

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#31 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,437 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

"Guys! I mean sure yeah we only had 7 points but stop looking at that! If Deangelo doesn't fumble we have 14 and we're talking about a dominant NFL offense here! You madden players need to quit with your darn dreams of accomlishing fantastical feats like 28 points! that isnt the way the real world works!!"

Needs more :) 's

#32 MuMouey

MuMouey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

So we are all in agreement right? Seattle only scored 12 points so they are the 4th worst team in the NFL?

Right guys? Cuz thats how football works

#33 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,619 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

In one quarter of football I saw a poorly thrown ball by Kaepernick and a Vernon Davis dropped 20+ yarder

HOW DID THE 49ERS OVERCOME THOSE GRIEVOUS ERRORS?

#34 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,832 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

this is a ridiculous OP

is everybody forgetting the kind of QB we have?

#35 the_philosopher

the_philosopher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

Thanks for this OP. You're exactly right. Even just FG's on those 3 drives would give us 16 points in a game where there just weren't many offensive drives (thanks to clock-eating run game and muffed punt). I'm willing to wait another week before I say "Here we go again."

#36 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hey fun fact guys: Only one starting QB attempted fewer passes than Cam Newton this weekend.

#37 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,437 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

If you have a recovering alcoholic for a friend and he breaks and goes out to the bar, you don't say "Geez it was just a few beers guys. RELAX!"

#38 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,832 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

lol

#39 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hey fun fact guys: Only one starting QB attempted fewer passes than Cam Newton this weekend.

Offensive possessions matter. We had 3 in the 2nd half....Philly for example had 5 in the first quarter.

You want more attempts then the O needs the ball more

#40 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

If you need 100% execution success for your gameplan to work....

you're doing it wrong.

Not saying that the gameplan couldn't have been better (because it could have), but execution on even 50% of the plays mentioned above likely puts the team in a position to win.  The coaches have commented on 'opening up' the gameplan and if they do Carolina may enjoy a wider margin for human error, but only time will tell if they actually makeit happen. 

#41 MuMouey

MuMouey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

Offensive possessions matter. We had 3 in the 2nd half....Philly for example had 5 in the first quarter.

LOL, don't you dare call him out on this! he is perfectly right. NOTHING at all is considered except passing yards! Not our 5 yards per rush, not olsen dropping 2 HUGE gains that would have given Cam more yards, extended drives, put us in at least FG range, and ultimately given us more points. Not even DWill putting the ball on the ground that would have basically won the game for us. Nope! none of that matters here cuz we are only speaking "in theory.

This is how every convo goes with dumb people on here:

Me: "Here are some REAL examples as to why our gameplan was fine and we just didnt execute"

Them: "the playcalling sucked"

Me: Well, the gameplan would have looked VERY good if olsen held on to 2 of the easiest balls in his career. then drives would have kept going and we would have at very least scored a FG on both"

Them: "yeah but the play calling blew ass"

Me: What? I just gave 4 examples of drives with GREAT play calls, that the players blew

Them: "............. LOLZ yur stupid! Da Eagles ran more playz den us so we are da worst!" (and other examples that they have to throw out instead of admitting they are actually making my point for me)

#42 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,437 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

What a gripping conversation you are having with yourself.

Life Tip: If you have to constantly remind yourself and others how smart you are, you probably aren't that smart.

#43 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,619 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

Guys look how smart I am here I'll prove it

Me: here is some awesome groundbreaking analysis
Them: derp hurr IMA retarddd

See guys?

#44 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,610 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

looks like lafell got open on that 3rd and 2

Lafell was open several times.

#45 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

We held the ball for thirty minutes of clock and came out with a pitiful 49 snaps, by my tally.

By comparison, New Orleans had six less minutes of possession time and put up 64 snaps and way more points.

Chicago had one more minute of clock control than us and came out with 61 snaps. The worthless Jets had two minutes more and had 68 snaps. The Bill's had a whopping 8 minutes less than us and yet still put up 61 snaps.

If I wanted to get into the teams who had five or six minutes more TOP, we'd be talking about teams with snaps counts in the 70's and 80's.

All these teams had way more points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.