• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

An I wrong in thinking Alexander is out this game since he was ejected last game?

Only if the league decides to suspend him a game for his outburst. So far I haven't heard of that happening.

#17 MCC

MCC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Only if the league decides to suspend him a game for his outburst. So far I haven't heard of that happening.

If that's the case, several players from the GB - SF game, like Clay Matthews, needs to be suspended.

His was worse than Alexander's and he didn't even get flagged for it.

#18 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

Biggest concern is Spiller...can't let him see open space. We don't have anyone that can hang if he does.

#19 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Biggest concern is Spiller...can't let him see open space. We don't have anyone that can hang if he does.

Thomas Davis?

#20 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

Thomas Davis?

I am not sure Davis at this stage of his career can hang with Spiller in the open field...Spiller is nasty. Very overlooked IMO what he has shown he can do as of late.

#21 jfo89

jfo89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationHuntington Beach, California

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

I rewatched some of the buffalo game and a couple things stood out.
-Their offense made a lot of early mistakes, which is understandable for a young qb. We need to be able to capitalize on these mistakes. They had false starts, fumbles and manuel forced some throws downfield. I think the pressure this dline can generate will lead to a lot of forced throws by a rookie qb.

-early in the game, buffalo also ran a few screens and a lot of crossing patterns. I like our chances against these plays.. they take a little time to develop and I dont know that the bills offense will have that time, and when they do, I trust our linebackers to get the job done.

this may be a close game, but I think our d makes the difference.

#22 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,392 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

Spiller's yards per carry just automatically went up by at least 1 yard when we signed Fua.

#23 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,155 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

https://www.profootb...tions-week-1-2/

fuging Hurney. I'm pretty sure 75% of the fans wanted Glenn at our pick in the 2nd round. Could have plugged him in a LT this season and swung Gross over to RT. Probably would do wonders for our o-line.

Yep. But instead we got a DII project.

#24 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

This is wrong. If there's one weakness on Seattle, it's their offensive line - just because guys like Colin Cowherd assume that because the Seahawks are elite, they must have an elite offensive line doesn't make it true. Okung and Unger are elite talents, but the rest of the line is mediocre at best with the LG platoon of James Carpenter and Paul McQuistan being one of the worst in the league.

Alright well I'm not going to pull up where each guy on their oline was drafted and all of that because they're not my team so I  don't care enough. Every commentator I hear talks up there run blocking and oline as a strength. My main point was that I don't expect Manuel to handle the pressure as well as Wilson did, most rookie's turn the ball over under duress and some turnovers and short field position would help our offense break out of it's funk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.