#46 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

Refusing to play on his man?!?!? 

Do you have a quote or any evidence to suggest the coaches told him to play up and he refused to?

Yes, actually, it's why he got benched last year. I'll see if I can find it.

#47 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

9 Receptions-138 yards to whom???Ramses Barden...yes please start Josh Norman.

#48 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

Im actually looking forward to Dockery coming back, he did some good things last year.

#49 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,989 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

Munnerlyn would not see the field for most NFL teams. He is by far the weakest link on our team

Whoa slow down bro. Don't forget bell or Insert starting guard here.

#50 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

When will Hogan be back? Kidding.

As of week one we have a secondary that doesn't make plays in the secondary. I wonder if Norman is looking terrible in practice with run support? Turns out the areas where fans thought we would be weak are exactly where we're weak. Whodathunkit.

#51 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

One-Fitty-eight-poin-three, aka 158.3.  'Splain dat.

If Revis shuts down his man in man coverage all day aside from one TD pass that will also be a 158.3. Did that mean Revis had a bad game?

Thomas does his job on short/intermediate routes in zone or man press coverage. But he lacks catch up speed for deep man coverage.

So he should never NOT have a safety helping him deep. This was very much on Rivera as he was outsmarted by the Seattle coaches (first sending your fastest guy deep and on the next play send one almost as fast, with better hand, working on the same corner with deep coverage limitations). 

#52 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

This is exactly what I was thinking. Every time Munnerlyn was on the field, the QB threw his way. Just about every long completion was Munnerlyn's man. Thomas sucked too, but I think Munnerlyn was worse. I want to see Moore or White starting beside Norman.

#53 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

Dude chill out! You really think Moore & White will do better? I highly doubt that. It's no secret to any real Panther fan our secondary was gonna be a weak spot for us so why is everyone acting so surprised. Thomas didn't do that bad, Captain I would just keep him in the slot bless his heart he gives full effort just to small & limited in what he can do. I would love to see Norman out their & sooner or later he will be probably just has to show some consistency. For all Norman's INT in preseason he probably gambles & gets burnt a lot as well.

#54 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

i wouldn't panic yet although there's some worries in the secondary i don't think either Thomas or captain played that bad until that last drive with 5mins left and Thomas go ahead td, captain for the most part look like he got beat in zone not man, in part had something to do more with Wilson extending plays then captain sucking it up, i think that goes for both cb still would like to see Norman on 3rd down cause that's definitely not captains strong point but i've got to see more from the two before i could say they suck we will see sunday for sure

#55 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

I rarely heard Thomas' name outside of that TD. He wasn't great, but he did his job well he probably shouldn't be anything more than a #2, but he'd be a Very Solid #2.

#56 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

Captain on the other hand was abysmal, but he was also abysmal in the preseason as well idk why we resigned him, let alone still starting him.

#57 GoApps70

GoApps70

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:29 AM

Passes thrown at CB Josh Thomas resulted in a 158.3 QB rating for Russell Wilson.  Yes, folks that is a perfect rating.

http://charlotte.cbs...by-the-numbers/

#58 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

norman played 37 snaps sunday (28 in coverage). no one heard about him because he was doing his job. he was only thrown at 2x. he allowed 1 catch for 13 yards (0 yac).

i'm of the belief rivera and company were game planning against lynch. if that was the case, thomas and munnerlyn are both better in run support than norman. not saying norman is bad, the other 2 are just better.

Where are you getting those numbers from? I just rewatched the game and counted at least 3 passes completed to Norman's guy. The most notable one being Wilson's 30ish-yard prayer to Doug Baldwin on the sideline, with 2 Panthers in his face. To be fair, it was pretty good coverage but Wilson threw it to where only Baldwin could get it...that play still baffles me.

#59 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

QBR is the most misleading stat of all fuging time I fuging hate QBR. 

#60 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

Thats D.J Campbell

Too many DJ.s on one team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.