Photo
* * - - - 2 votes

If we go 7-9 or 6-10 how would you feel about keeping Rivera if..

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#16 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Sure I'd keep him. As a co defensive coordinator with Sean McDermott. Hehe.

#17 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,311 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

Say we have a top 3 defense, im talking about a D that resembles the steel curtain or 85 Bears D BUT we have say one of the worst offensive rankings in the league. Would you be ok if we kept Rivera ONLY if we went out and got a new OC? And no im not talking about some poo like promoting Ken Dorsey or some poo. I mean a real deal, legit OC. A Hue Jackson or Whisenhunt type.

I must say that what worries me greatly is our D will be so amazing but Shula might make us a sub .500 team, man how devastating would it be if we risk losing out on such a stout D by firing Rivera and starting all over again with a new HC. With all the pieces on D running like a well oiled machine under Rivera, it would really break my heart seeing that blown up.

Before the pitch forks come out, just think of this for a minute. Imagine for one minute if we had the 2011 offense to go along with this 2013 defense, EASILY a 12-4 team and that might be on the low end. Can you imagine how good this team would be with this defense and a Hue Jackson type OC?

Also one more thing. A similar situation happened with Kubiak. It took him 4-5 seasons before the Texans finally became legit under Kubiak and what kept his job safe year after year was the stout D he was building.

Shula's poor offenses of the past didn't prevent the Bucs from making the playoffs, going 6-10 with him at the helm with a top 3 defense means a total regression of the team.

#18 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

If we go 6-10? Hell no I don't want him sticking around. fug mediocrity.

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,324 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

Just say no to Rex. His mouth writes too many checks his fat ass can't cash.

I don't see any scenario where Rivera sticks around after a losing season. And if Rivera is gone, I'd also be surprised at an in-house replacement. More likely they hire from outside and let the new coach pick his staff.

In that event, there might be some holdovers (coach would likely be encouraged to keep Sam Mills III, possibly Ricky Proehl too) but I'd expect the majority of the staff to be replaced.

#20 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,320 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

Rivera can either makes the playoffs or GTFO

#21 Archimedes

Archimedes

NOT NEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

I wouldn't want to keep Rivera if we went 10-6, much less 6-10.  He's had over 2 years and has shown us what were getting.  The guy isn't cut out to be an NFL coach.  He's flustered under pressure, he's clueless in decision making.  Even if we win in spite of him, and it's very possible with the talent we have, he shouldn't be here next year.   

#22 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

About like I feel right now trying to push this sideways turd out before bed.

#23 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

Top 3 defense, and 6 wins. That means the offense and special teams would have to be historically bad. Clean house and keep McD. Bye Ron.

#24 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

PLAYOFFS.

#25 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,601 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

Sean McDermott, you're hired.

Rivera must go.

This is not McDermont's defense, it's Rivera's.  Herein lies one of the problems.

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,324 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

This is not McDermont's defense, it's Rivera's. Herein lies one of the problems.

Yep. One of those situations where you don't know who the real mastermind is. Same question applies to Greg Roman, honestly.

My personal opinion: I don't think McDermott's ready to be in charge of an entire program.

#27 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

This is not McDermont's defense, it's Rivera's.  Herein lies one of the problems.

McDermott spent a lot of years under the great Jim Johnson, he'll do.

#28 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

if tha happens RR is Fired.

#29 Qu1million

Qu1million

CantBeatMeInMadden!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,094 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

YES YES YES...2011 ranked 5th offense I think and today's D, hecks yeah...keep him fire Shula and bring in new OC with good draft and we are seriously going to a Super Bowl...Players love this coach and when the team has chemistry like that, wins will come...remember Rivera came in to an atrocious 2-14 team and terrible cap space was there and still there, yet he made improvement...of course I have scratched my head with some of his bone headed calls or gutless plays but that comes with growing pains plus I can't blame him for trusting his defense to stop a score after not going for it on fourth down, etc...what I don't like is his man crush on Fua but I would like him here for another year if he improves this team going forward again...it has to turn ugly for me to say no

#30 Qu1million

Qu1million

CantBeatMeInMadden!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,094 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

McDermott spent a lot of years under the great Jim Johnson, he'll do.

You must dont know about his work in Philly, he is far from Jim Johnson...it's Riveras defense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com