Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam has to feel trapped on a terrible football team

480 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

people blaming everyone but the most important player is even more typical. The defense gave the offense the ball TWICE in a row INSIDE THE 30 YARD LINE AND WE ONLY SCORED FG'S. Ginn should have had 3 or 4 tds yesterday and Lafell was open on that play that would have ended the game.

Please come up with ONE example where Cam has been clutch, just one.

Cam wasn't given a chance to be clutch genius, I'm sorry, but it was Cam's call to run the ball with Tolbert coming up short one yard?

Posted · Report post

Cam wasn't given a chance to be clutch genius, I'm sorry, but it was Cam's call to run the ball with Tolbert coming up short one yard?

i would say a good throw to Lafell would have been clutch.  

But it proves my point, you can't come up with one clutch example at the end of a game in Cam's career.  No one can.

Posted · Report post

You guys are underestimating the effect of Shula as OC. He is terrible. He was terrible on the college level, and yet he is somehow going to up his game against NFL DCs? Newton belongs in a spread offense. Newton would thrive with a coach like Chip Kelly. Alas, he is stuck with Rivera and Shula. 

totally false, the offense has run some very nice stuff.  execution is terribly lacking.

Posted · Report post

i would say a good throw to Lafell would have been clutch.

But it proves my point, you can't come up with one clutch example at the end of a game in Cam's career. No one can.

Cam was clutch in the Jaguars game. He also was clutch in the Saints game last year, clutch in the Falcons game last year too. Stop doing drugs.

Posted · Report post

totally false, the offense has run some very nice stuff.  execution is terribly lacking.

he has had 7 4th quarter combacks to go ahead or tie. Vikings game his rookie year the kicker missed. Stop it. He has been clutch as hell.

He drove down the field this last game killed 6 minutes on the clock than in a 3rd in 5 shula calls a run. Takes the ball out of his hands. Then on 4th and 1 choose to kick a field goal when Cam has converted 16 of 18 in his career. You put the ball in your best players hands.

This coaching staff has been atrocious.

Posted · Report post

The saints game he gets his leg almost ripped off goes off to the sidelines gets it taped up comes back in limping and dominates the saints in the last game of the season that he didn't even need too. Cam is a warrior. I'm starting to pull my hair out at all of this shit.

Posted · Report post

Believe that if you wish. The Panthers have a horrible front office. One of the worst in football. 

Posted · Report post

Cam was clutch in the Jaguars game. He also was clutch in the Saints game last year, clutch in the Falcons game last year too. Stop doing drugs.

clutch in the vikings game in 2011 but the kicker missed the game tying field goal

also clutch against the redskins last season seeing edwards on that broken coverage to key a 90 yard drive that iced the game.

e: also hit steve smith for a touchdown right before the half with a torn up thumb iirc

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

he has had 7 4th quarter combacks to go ahead or tie. Vikings game his rookie year the kicker missed. Stop it. He has been clutch as hell.

He drove down the field this last game killed 6 minutes on the clock than in a 3rd in 5 shula calls a run. Takes the ball out of his hands. Then on 4th and 1 choose to kick a field goal when Cam has converted 16 of 18 in his career. You put the ball in your best players hands.

This coaching staff has been atrocious.

The saints game he gets his leg almost ripped off goes off to the sidelines gets it taped up comes back in limping and dominates the saints in the last game of the season that he didn't even need too. Cam is a warrior. I'm starting to pull my hair out at all of this poo.

clutch in the vikings game in 2011 but the kicker missed the game tying field goal

also clutch against the redskins last season seeing edwards on that broken coverage to key a 90 yard drive that iced the game.

e: also hit steve smith for a touchdown right before the half with a torn up thumb iirc

what the fuck is wrong with people

Posted · Report post

what the fug is wrong with people

People seem to forget we had the worst defense of our franchise Cam's rookie year.

Posted · Report post

People seem to forget we had the worst defense of our franchise Cam's rookie year.

Yep Tampa bay game last year also Cam puts us ahead. Defense explodes.

Posted · Report post

Cam's looking more and more like a bigger, faster, taller version of Byron Leftwich.

He's got a cannon for an arm, but it's the touch throws he has real trouble with.  I mean horrible trouble.  Unless it's a laser line to the receiver, he's got issues. 

Can someone compile all of Cam's throws from the last two games in a video so we can look at it?  Also, I'd like to see what Smitty's drop % is as well.  Who's fault is that.  Catchable ball?  Or poor receiver(s).  Cam's abilities to run and take hits keeps him more viable than most other QBs. 

As for the coaching...are we asking too much of Cam to recognize the defenses on the field and adjust if he feels the offensive playcalling from the OC is wrong?  We should be putting mediocre teams away...but we don't.  We waste so many freaking drives.  Drives we've proven cost us those games in the end.