• 4,875 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

But Mr. Scott said he always takes blame bullshit

#32 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,510 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Yep, blames the backup secondary. Did any reporters remind him that instead of trying to end the game on 4th and 1, he sent said backup secondary on the field to win the game?

He will field those questions if he still has a job at his presser when he comes home

#33 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,005 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

One positive. Cam has matured tremendously since that opening day his rookie year in Arizona.

#34 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,562 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

Rivera doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach. He backed himself into a corner with his decision and his reasoning of a banged up secondary. I don't know how he'll get out of that.

I think Rivera is a really good guy. I think he is a shitty, shitty head coach.  Too bad. So much time and growth wasted.

#35 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Would anyone be opposed to us hiring Norv Turner? He's had success before and his offensive mind may be what we need. He will take those shots we need late in games. Keep McDermott if possible, fire Shula.

#36 48ochoshogun

48ochoshogun

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

The Mike Singletary 49ers, is what we are.

I mean....atleast ya'll had a gameplan and not the same ol' conservative play calling with Singletary and Ol man Raye...O wait.

#37 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

I'm.nor defending Rivera, but unless he called a play to not defend a receiver at all...

Dude, they were at the 2 yard line... they were going to find a way in after just driving 78 yards. They should have never been there in the first place, we lost the game at the decision to go for a field goal when we lost 10 other games the same fuging way.

#38 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,155 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Dude, they were at the 2 yard line... they were going to find a way in after just driving 78 yards. They should have never been there in the first place, we lost the game at the decision to go for a field goal when we lost 10 other games the same fuging way.

Again I am not defending Rivera

#39 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,553 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Tee with that logic, Rivera is never on the field, so nothing that happens on it is ever his fault. =|

#40 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

I hate Rivera more than i've ever hated Seifert

Don't know if I'm at that point yet,Siefert did get rid of Buerlien for Jeff Lewis.just sayin!

#41 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,571 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

Honestly, I'm not even interested in watching the presser.  We've seen it before

#42 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

LAME DUCK SEASON CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP LAME DUCK SEASON. JR gets the blame dating back to the cardinals loss in 2008. Hopefully he croaks soon and this panthers team moves to london. Didnt the hornets go thru the dame poo with owners

If the Panthers leave the Carolinas,I will find another team to root for!

#43 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

RIvera KNEW he was putting a make-shift secondary back on the field vs. a 2 minute offense.  Here is the DUMB part:  If he passed and went for it on 4th down and did NOT convert the first down, the worst that could happen was probably a TIE--OVERTIME.  THey would have played for the FG.  Instead, he forces them to challenge his secondary and forces them to beat him--it was their only option.

Now he is blaming the players?  Ball-less loser.  Time for a change.

Or if he had Cam pass on 3rd down!

#44 gakonline

gakonline

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

Bad bad coaching at the end of the game.  I did not mind running Tolbert on 3rd down.  It forces Buffalo to use their last timeout.  However, we should have went for it on 4th instead of the field goal to put us up by 6.  Going for it on 4th gives us another chance to put the game away.  If we do not get the 1st down then Buffalo is basically playing to get in field goal position for the tie.  Buffalo would have went for the field goal on the 2 yard line with 7 seconds remaining instead of the a go ahead score.  

That was stupid coaching and I bet Rivera is terrible at checkers.  Never thinking ahead.

Last thing.  Prevent defense always prevents a win and it showed again today.  

#45 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,866 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Placing blame on players now huh? Yeah, that will win over the locker room.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com