Photo
- - - - -

The Grass on the Otherside of the Fence....

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:14 AM

Just maybe Seattle and Buffalo are good teams.  Buffalo came very close to beating NE last week and Seattle destroyed SF.  Now, Im not saying Carolina is without their issues but it seems they did play 2 very good teams.  The fact that Carolina played both of them closely may mean that Carolina isn't as bad as many of you think.

#2 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:17 AM

Just maybe Seattle and Buffalo are good teams.  Buffalo came very close to beating NE last week and Seattle destroyed SF.  Now, Im not saying Carolina is without their issues but it seems they did play 2 very good teams.  The fact that Carolina played both of them closely may mean that Carolina isn't as bad as many of you think.

When your coach is 2-14 in close games... does it matter if you are a decent team?

#3 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

At what point do we win those games instead of being close. The fanbase is tired of moral victories.

#4 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

When your coach is 2-14 in close games... does it matter if you are a decent team?

yes. I am more comfortable with my head coach being outcoached by the other team than I am about the panthers being outplayed. One of those can be fixed in one move.

#5 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

The Jets "came close" to beating NE too. If it were about coming close we would be looking for a Super Bowl three peat this year.

#6 Troj45

Troj45

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

I'm sure coaches have to "learn" how to win.  It just seems that our coach is NOT LEARNING!  In most close games, there is that one play that would change the outcome.  Some coaches have balls and go for it, others keep waiting and are afraid to pull the trigger.  I think that is what we have here, someone who is afraid to pull the trigger, afraid to go for it on 4th down and 1, afraid to lose.  Mr. Richardson has admitted before that he made a mistake, I think he should be considering that now.  Of course, now we have to ask, what are the options..... just my .02

#7 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

yes. I am more comfortable with my head coach being outcoached by the other team than I am about the panthers being outplayed. One of those can be fixed in one move.

Yeah but not this season. Unfortunately.

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

I'm sure coaches have to "learn" how to win.  It just seems that our coach is NOT LEARNING!

Bingo.

This is his 3rd year. He is what he is at this point.

#9 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

Bingo.

This is his 3rd year. He is what he is at this point.

He is what he is?

did you seriously just go there?

#10 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

He is what he is?

BINGO

#11 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

He is what he is?

you almost made me miss fox.....

#12 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,807 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

Lol yea the problem is that the bills are just such serious contenders

#13 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,031 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

We are no better than our 0-2 record indicates.

#14 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,353 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

Jerry has proven time and again that his threshold is 7-9 for head coaches. Do worse than that and you get canned.

7-9 is the new 10-6.

#15 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

Exactly this.  I dont' care if we're playing the Super Bowl champion from last year, or the team with the #1 overall pick, it's the way we are repeatedly losing.  Rivera simply can't coach in close games, and we haven't even see what he would do in the playoffs where all the teams are good,and most of the games are close....that's what scares me the most, if we weather the storm with him and somehow he makes the playoffs and chokes it away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.