• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

Don't we have a pro bowl caliber Center as well for him to sneak behind?

#32 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Defensive minded coaches don't trust offenses. He didn't trust ours and he didn't trust the Bills

#33 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

rivera logic at its finest.... wont trust the franchise qb or 2 capable running backs to win the game for us

instead lets put it on the weak link of the team : the secondary... my god

then play soft prevent D that every offensive coordinator on the planet is expecting in that situation.... notice how they just ran little dig routes and drags... all underneath poo

gave them so many easy yards. and let them out of bounds to boot... and no adjustments at all :/

bears game last year anyone? this poo isnt going to get any better under rivera

#34 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

Herm Edwards needs to talk to Rivera..."You play to win the game! Hello?!

#35 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,830 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

Let me put it another way.  You guys may be right.

If we are waiting for a coach that would go for it in that situation, we will likely be waiting for the rest of our lives. 

Unless we go hire one of those crazy high school coaches who don't even carry a punter of kicker on their teams  :lol:

#36 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

If we are waiting for a coach that would go for it in that situation, we will likely be waiting for the rest of our lives. 

Unless we go hire one of those crazy high school coaches who don't even carry a punter of kicker on their teams  :lol:

its not like this is the only time rivera has revealed his vagina...

#37 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,568 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

I don't know man...

It just doesn't make logical sense to not go for it there.   It's not like we were on our own side of the field and were giving them a short field.

We were on our 21.  If we failed to convert there, they still have to go 79 yards and we would have at least used up a few more seconds (probably 10-20 minimum). 

Instead we take 3 meaningless points, give them not only the opportunity to return a kick, but also to drive the field with more than 1:30 left against a defense full of backups.

Is there any other analysis of this out there?  Like the talking heads on ESPN or NFLN?  What are they saying?

#38 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

Imo both decision are good.
Personally i am all for the 4th down but the FG was ok too.

If it was 4th and 10, I could agree with you. I'm not saying I don't see his logic. But ONE YARD! Come on man!!!

#39 WCUcats

WCUcats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

Let me put it another way. You guys may be right.

If we are waiting for a coach that would go for it in that situation, we will likely be waiting for the rest of our lives.

Unless we go hire one of those crazy high school coaches who don't even carry a punter of kicker on their teams :lol:

That's not even close to being true. 75% + of NFL coaches go for it in that situation.

Most coaches realize you put the ball in the hands of your best player and let him win the game.

#40 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,902 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

You have a 6'5" 250 lb QB who happens to be the best short distance running back in the league.... GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!

If you don't get it and the rookie QB drives his team 79 yards for the game tying FG or the game winning TD then so be it, at least you went down swinging. 

Our secondary is the worst unit on the team and we were missing 3 starters at that point in the game, so Rivera puts the game in their hands... makes no sense. 

This is a classic example of playing to your weaknesses instead of playing to your strengths and letting the opponent dictate to you. 

#41 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

3rd and 2 4th and 1 where are all the runs with tolbert. seems like they keep delo in on short yardage situations where most teams would opt for the powerback. dont get it.

#42 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,902 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

3rd and 2 4th and 1 where are all the runs with tolbert. seems like they keep delo in on short yardage situations where most teams would opt for the powerback. dont get it.

Put Cam in the pistol with Hartsock and Tolbert, run a QB dive with two lead blockers. 

#43 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

It was right call IMO.

Rivera ???

Is that you?

#44 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,898 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

Let me put it another way. You guys may be right.

If we are waiting for a coach that would go for it in that situation, we will likely be waiting for the rest of our lives.

Unless we go hire one of those crazy high school coaches who don't even carry a punter of kicker on their teams :lol:

Belichick would go for it...he has done it on 4th and 1 in much less favorable scenarios in fact

#45 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,560 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

http://www.advancedn...-call.html#more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.